Topic/Forum read markers working now with RC2?

just checking if it's working for others :)

the 'Mark Board as Read' at the bottom of the index isn't working still either, but not a huge issue imo, as you can easily mark the whole forum as read with a few clicks of the left-hand icons on the forum index

They're working for me now too. That's a vast improvement, but I'm still hoping that Invision can fix the "Mark board as read" issue asap ... that's killing me.

I also REALLY miss the old drop-down that gave you the option to mark the current forum read and return to the board index vs. marking it read and remaining in the forum.

Testing to see if this thread will show up when I hit "view new content" after I have posted in it.

Edit: Nope.. Still not showing up. I just hit "view new content" and this thread is no where to be found... :(

Testing to see if this thread will show up when I hit "view new content" after I have posted in it.

Edit: Nope.. Still not showing up. I just hit "view new content" and this thread is no where to be found... :(

it won't show up when YOU post in it, that kind of defeats the purpose of it (since you've read it already)

now it SHOULD however show up after I post this ;)

it won't show up when YOU post in it, that kind of defeats the purpose of it (since you've read it already)

now it SHOULD however show up after I post this ;)

Hmm.. Yeah, that would make since but it still didn't show up... And I checked before I posted in this thread again..

Hmm.. Yeah, that would make since but it still didn't show up... And I checked before I posted in this thread again..

*shrug*

nothing I can do about it until 3.0 goes Final, sorry

i never used that feature myself

*shrug*

nothing I can do about it until 3.0 goes Final, sorry

i never used that feature myself

No biggie, just thought I'd let you know.

That's how I used to read the board, by pressing "View New Content" or the artist formally known has "View New Posts". That way you don't have to click each individual forum to find active topics.

I think this is (also) a setting specific to each of the subforums-- I noticed today that new posts in After The Show aren't appearing in the 'new content' search either. Most forum software has this config., it allows the admin to pick and choose what kind of posts are relevant to include.