New Spoon Single/EP - "Got Nuffin"

New Spoon EP/Single (their site is calling it a single, I guess) called "Got Nuffin" is out June 30 on Merge (or out now in all the usual places). Merge kept this under wraps really well and was sorta see surprised to see this pop up.

1. "Got Nuffin"

2. "Tweakers"

3. "Stroke Their Brains"

4. "Tweakers (Remix)"

Site says Got Nuffin is a single, off the upcoming album, and the other songs are b-sides, so I'd say it is safe to assume they are in the studio now finishing a new album. I wouldn't be surprised if it's out sometime before the end the year. I'm excited for it.

Haven't listed to the new tracks yet, but will be soon.

Just got this message from the Spoon people:

- - - - - - - - - -

Dear Spoon Listeners,

On Tuesday, Merge in North America and Anti- in Europe will be releasing Spoon's first newly-recorded music since Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga: a new single called "Got Nuffin," as well as two b-sides. In case you are wondering, these b-sides are entitled "Tweakers" and "Stroke Their Brains." The available formats: CD and MP3, with vinyl to be made available shortly. Go to www.spoontheband.com on Tuesday.

I have arranged for this special summer release to tide you over until the next album which - - though I still need to talk to the band about some of the coarse language and investigate the rampant backmasking -- I assure you will be a doozy.

Please remember to visit the band in Milwaukee tonight and in Austin July 9, 10, and 11 and to bring them food. They have been looking so malnourished.