Adventures in ordering W(TA)

I gave in last Friday and decided to order the vinyl of W(TA). Decided to order from the Website and pick up the cool t-shirt and the tote bag...the $40.00 package.

Early last week my wife Downtown, not making the connection with KUNGFU Nation and Wilco, noticed a seemingly out of order charge on our charge/debit card. She asked everyone in the house if we had ordered or purchased any Chinese food on Friday. Of course, everybody indicated that there were no purchases of Chinese food in the Crow Daddy family. After all,Downtown assumed KUNGFU Nation must be associated with Chinese food or something of that nature. Martial Arts academy maybe? The words KUNGFU Nation NEVER left her lips.

Downtown then proceeded to challenge the charge on the card and made a rather large stink with our banking institution. (We had previously had a mystery charge at a local restaurant that the bank has requested the same affadavit be filed FIVE TIMES.

Innocently, I asked D-man to keep an eye out for the LP next week (vinyl in the Texas heat...not a good combination) and said the package would come from a company called KUNGFU Nation.

Then all hell proceeded to break loose. You can only imagine the fun turns the following conversation took...

I may never buy a record again...