Wilco om NYC Next Week -- Sp Close, yet So far

So -- next week when Wilco will be in NYC, I will be there too -- but working. My company is holding an event at the Marriott Marquis in Time Square, where I will be from Sat. to Thurs. So, instead of a Wonderful Wilco Week that could have taken me from Delware to Maine, I'll be tied to my laptop in some remote, isolated room deep in the bowels of the hotel.

Will I be going to Keyspan Park -- just a short drive away? No.

Will I be standing outside Letterman's studio,just a hop, skip and jump away, hoping to catch a glimpse of my favoirte band? No.

At some point next week, we will probably be within a few blocks of each other -- yet I will be locked to my laptop.

Sigh.

I've just set my sites on Wappinger's Falls -- and will barrel through the next week of corporate BS and ass-kissing, knowing that on Saturday night I will be (God willing)in the front row of Duchess Stadium dancing my tuckus off.

Thanks for leting me vent -- you are the only ones who understand my woe.

Maybe you'll meet the band in a coffee shop. Or see them at dinner. Or pass them on the street. As stories go, wouldn't that be cooler than just another show you saw?

Keep your head up (and on a swivel). :)

I'll be there too. Probably not in front, but with an entourage.