This Is Not A Joke...

I know that this sounds completely unrealistic and silly, but hey....You Never Know! Back in the day, bands used to have an address that you can send fan mail to or at least some way of possibly reaching them. Now in this Future Age, with all of this technology, it ironically seems like it's even harder to actually get a message, or in this case a question, to the band.

Here goes...my wife & I are travelling up from LI to Wappinger Falls on Saturday 7/18 for the show. Coincidentally it just happens to be our 10th Wedding Anniversary! I would be willing to pay the band to play a song to surprise my wife. Our wedding song is "True Love Ways" by Buddy Holly. Not only could they learn it in about 5 minutes, but it would be great to hear the band perform a new cover song anyway; especially a Buddy Holly tune.

I've been racking my brain for romantic ideas to surprise my wife with and this seems like a winner....I just wish there was a way to pull it off. I know it sounds crazy and it's probably a precedent the band wouldn't want to start, but hey, it's a business proposition. I just need to know the price and a way to get the request to them. Anyone have any feedback? No need to flame me too hard about this; I know it's a nutty idea, but you only live once. Might as well throw it out there.

Cheers!

I agree that sounds like it would be a fun song to hear at a Wilco show, but I don't know if you'll get it. You might have a better shot picking your wife's favorite Wilco song, and asking for a special intro to it. And, I really don't think it's a matter of price, I just don't think they'd be able to answer that kind of request for everyone who asked. :thumbup

Having said that, probably the best way to get in touch is through their management's website, linked through the wilcoworld info page: http://tmmchi.com/ There's an e-mail address on there that you could try.

Thanks for the reply, gogo. Like I said, it's a bit of a wacky idea & I'm sure it's not a precedent they would want to set, but our 10th Anniversary is a one shot deal. No reason not to take a shot in the dark! Thanks again.

I know that this sounds completely unrealistic and silly, but hey....You Never Know! Back in the day, bands used to have an address that you can send fan mail to or at least some way of possibly reaching them. Now in this Future Age, with all of this technology, it ironically seems like it's even harder to actually get a message, or in this case a question, to the band.

Here goes...my wife & I are travelling up from LI to Wappinger Falls on Saturday 7/18 for the show. Coincidentally it just happens to be our 10th Wedding Anniversary! I would be willing to pay the band to play a song to surprise my wife. Our wedding song is "True Love Ways" by Buddy Holly. Not only could they learn it in about 5 minutes, but it would be great to hear the band perform a new cover song anyway; especially a Buddy Holly tune.

I've been racking my brain for romantic ideas to surprise my wife with and this seems like a winner....I just wish there was a way to pull it off. I know it sounds crazy and it's probably a precedent the band wouldn't want to start, but hey, it's a business proposition. I just need to know the price and a way to get the request to them. Anyone have any feedback? No need to flame me too hard about this; I know it's a nutty idea, but you only live once. Might as well throw it out there.

Cheers!

Did you fill out the request a song form on thier webpage? Maybe you can send a note, and let the band know what you can offer them for playing this song.