Harry Potter And The Half-Blood Prince: Let'S Hear From The Geeks!

I pretty much always want more flashbacks, no matter what movie I'm watching. :lol I could have had an entire movie of just the pensieve, and I would have been happy with that.

I'm also hoping to re-read the books over the next year and a half. The Deathly Hallows (Part 1) will come out on my birthday weekend next year. I'm already planning to make my nieces and nephew take me out to that. :yes

Oh I totally agree, I would have been very happy to have more pensieve scenes in the movie, but I read a few months ago that they were only using a small number of pensieve scenes, so I didn't go in with my hopes up.

I saw the move tonight in IMAX 3D! I agree with almost all the points made in this thread about things that bothered them about the movie/things that were left out ... but I still loved the movie. I thought it was great, and actually might have been the most cohesive story in movie form so far. (Maybe after the first one.)

IMAX 3D makes everything about 75% cooler. Holy crap. I was a little surprised, though, that after the first fifteen minutes or so, that was it. No more 3D the rest of the film. Not even for Quidditch!

I saw it again this weekend, and the plan is to see it again :lol in IMAX 3D next week, when the kids are all home from camp. I'm looking forward to that (I saw Prisoner of Azkaban in IMAX), but kind of disappointed about the 3D business. Although, does that mean I can take off the stupid glasses after the Death Eaters' flight through London?

The people I went with this time, who don't read the books, also agreed that the story was easier to follow than the other movies. They did ask, though, what the deal was with Snape being the Half-Blood Prince. Despite being the title, it was kind of a non-issue, plot-wise.