Woman ticketed after riding stolen horse down Main Street in Six Mile

A 40-year-old Pickens woman has been issued a ticket for public disorderly conduct after police said she rode a stolen horse down Main Street in Six Mile, according to a Pickens County Sheriff's Office incident report.

Advertisement

The report said that a pedestrian flagged downd the responding officer Saturday and told him that a woman “was riding the horse on the double yellow line” on State 133 and “was barely able to stay on.”

According to the report, the officer saw a large tan horse tied to a park bench at the gas pumps of a convenience store and found the woman trying to use a phone inside the store.

The woman's speech was slurred, she had an aroma of alcoholic beverage and she was unsteady on her feet, the report said.

It said the woman said she was riding the horse to her boyfriend's house.

When asked why she was riding the horse down the middle of Main Street the woman stated “that she wasn't drunk, the horse was,” the report said, but the woman then went on to say she had consumed a six-pack of beer before leaving the house on horseback.

According to the report, the owner of the horse said the animal was taken without consent.

The horse's owner said he didn't wish to press charges and took the animal home.

This is from my town's paper. Pickens is about 15 miles from my home and my wife works for DSS there. :yay

Edit -Here's a video from the local tv station. Dig the picture of the woman.