Rock Hall Performances

I taped all the ones that were shown on VH1 over the years (or rather, I taped 1998-2007). I figured they would come out some day. The clearance issues for all those artists must have made a lot of work for someone.

I taped all the ones that were shown on VH1 over the years (or rather, I taped 1998-2007). I figured they would come out some day. The clearance issues for all those artists must have made a lot of work for someone.

I guess, but I would think they would have them sign off before they perform....the LZ/NY was on VH 1 so they allowed that. Some of the early performances where never showed on TV. I don't think I saw the Band....I wonder which members were there?

That's right. I believe prior to 1998, they were not broadcast. There are some great moments among those performances, as well as, some sad stuff. It was quite something to see Peter Green play with Carlos Santana. On the other hand, John's refusal to play with Stu and Doug, was a bummer. Of course, the one that really sticks out is the deal were Frank and Nigel were begging Debbie Harry to let them play when Blondie was inducted. I thought that was in bad taste to show that. Of course, the producers and editors love that sort of thing. What we see on Vh1 is not the whole show, of course. I suppose now we will get to see the infamous Mike Love speech.

I suppose now we will get to see the infamous Mike Love speech.

I don't remember that speech. I Googled and read an excerpt. Pretty direct/funny stuff.

I love this quote by Dylan, who being inducted that night:

At the conclusion of his verbal attacks, Bob Dylan was quoted as saying "I'm glad he didn't mention my name in that speech."