The Elms New Album

Am I just old and jaded, or do these fellas sound (and maybe even look) like Rascal Flatts?

well, seeing as these guys are more american rock'n'roll (like springsteen or tom petty) and rascal flatts are more 80's ballad rockers (like journey). maybe i'm just young and naive, but i fail to see the comparison

well, seeing as these guys are more american rock'n'roll (like springsteen or tom petty) and rascal flatts are more 80's ballad rockers (like journey). maybe i'm just young and naive, but i fail to see the comparison

The only similarities I see between these guys, and Springsteen, Petty, etc, is that they use some of the same instruments, guitars, drums, etc. I listened to the song “Strut” on their Myspace page, and it sounds like the sort of stuff our local “country” music channel plays - for a minute, I thought it may have appeared on the Footloose soundtrack.

Edit: I think I found the problem:

The Elms formed in 1995 by brothers Owen and Christopher Thomas, primarily as a praise and worship outfit, and until early 1999, was identified by the group name, Just Visiting. Because of personnel changes and a renewed commitment to their ministry and craft, the band decided to change their collective identity to The Elms shortly before signing a recording deal with Sparrow Records in June 1999. Lead singer Owen Thomas explains their moniker, "My father (the worship leader at their church) is from the country of Wales (in Great Britain). In Europe, it is customary to name your house or estate to give it personality. My uncle owns a house in London that is surrounded by elm trees, almost totally hidden from view from the road, and the early owners named the property The Elms. While recording our last record, God revealed a picture of that house to me as a physical analogy of His love for His children. It was if He was saying, 'Owen, that is Me. I surround and protect you. I am the elm trees to you.'"

source - http://www.gospelmusicchannel.com/artists/detail/elms