Weezer's 7th album: Raditude

I tend to agree with Solace on this, I was into it until I hit "Can't Stop Partying." After listening to it once, my initial reaction is that it's just slightly worse than their previous 2-3 records but not to a significant degree. The lyrics do tend to be a bit more cringe-worthy in areas. I dunno, I need to spend more time with it. I always find 2-3 redeeming tracks on their most recent albums. Even after a while, I sorta like Make Believe after my initial hatred for the album.

I always find 2-3 redeeming tracks on their most recent albums.

You could probably make one pretty good album out of songs taken from everything since The Green Album, but I don't think you could make more than one.

I'll say this for the latest album. It sounds like they might have chosen the ten best tracks for the record after hearing the god awful bonus tracks. On the Red Album, I felt like some of the best songs were left to be bonus tracks (Miss Sweeney, King, Pig), while they left duds on the album. This time around there are still some cringe-worthy tracks on the regular tracklist, but it gets even worse after track 10.

You could probably make one pretty good album out of songs taken from everything since The Green Album, but I don't think you could make more than one.

I'll say this for the latest album. It sounds like they might have chosen the ten best tracks for the record after hearing the god awful bonus tracks. On the Red Album, I felt like some of the best songs were left to be bonus tracks (Miss Sweeney, King, Pig), while they left duds on the album. This time around there are still some cringe-worthy tracks on the regular tracklist, but it gets even worse after track 10.

Man I really got about 15 second into the second bonus cut, Run Over by a Truck and changed it to the next track. Awful.

Have they recorded The Prettiest Girl In The Whole Wide World before? It sounded familiar to me...Anyway, it didn't sound too bad and was the only redeemable bonus track.

Have they recorded The Prettiest Girl In The Whole Wide World before? It sounded familiar to me...Anyway, it didn't sound too bad and was the only redeemable bonus track.

Interesting that you say that. The Prettiest Girl was released on Rivers second solo/demo album. It dates back to 1997. Might explain why it is an enjoyable listen... but the full-band arrangement kills it for me (specifically the unneeded douchieness of the rhythm guitar). The melody and lyrics are classic Weez however.

Actually, I'm going to go out on a whim here and say Rivers played it live when he was in school, during Weezer's hiatus. Yeah I was a big fan when I was a boy.

You're right. I looked through the hundreds of demos I have on my hard drive when they released all of those demos back around the earlier part of the decade. I found a live version of the song on an album 3 set of demos. And yes, it was on the second Alone album as well. I knew it sounded familiar, but at the time I was too lazy to look.