The Neil Young Archives (New Thread)

This is an amazing little site if you're a bit sad and are trying to ascertain what will be coming in the future Archives sets.

http://www.re-act-or.net/ny-73-78.shtml

where do you find this stuff? AWESOME!!

i am looking forward to dreaming man. i do think it will still come out. it was gonna be called harvest moon live, remember that. the artwork is okay, but is a bit different and doesn't seem to fit as well with the other performance series stuff.

saw this tour. so so good. i loved hearing the new songs. and neil still looked like young neil up there. we heard speakin' out at the show i was at. really wish they were putting out an entire show or at least a second disc of other songs played on that tour.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Live Daily.com

Neil Young's first solo albums remastered, reissued

Published November 9, 2009 11:11 AM

By Suzanne Kayian / LiveDaily Contributor

Neil Young [ tickets ]'s first four solo albums have been remastered and will be reissued Nov. 23 as part of the ongoing "Archives" campaign, according to a press release. The special reissues--1969's "Neil Young" and "Everybody Knows This is Nowhere," 1970's "After the Gold Rush," and 1972's "Harvest"--will be available individually on both compact disc and 140-gram vinyl.

The four albums also will be available in limited-edition box sets exclusively online at Young's website and at BecauseSoundMatters.com.

The vinyl box set--pressed on audiophile 180-gram vinyl--will be limited to 3,000 units worldwide; the CD set--limited to 2,500 worldwide--will be released on 24-karat gold discs.

All four albums already have been released to retail on standard CDs.

Link to Because Sounds Matters.com

Link to Neil's site.

i've enjoyed these remasters way more than the archives. looking at neils run from 69-72 is amazing. add in deja vu-csny and wow!

been listening to greendale lately. i like it.

i've enjoyed these remasters way more than the archives. looking at neils run from 69-72 is amazing. add in deja vu-csny and wow!

been listening to greendale lately. i like it.

I have not bought the cds yet, but I plan to get them eventually (the ones that came out a while back). I don't get the reason behind the limited edition high dollar deal though. He must have spent too much money messing around with his car a while back.

they are offering the vinyl individually as well for very reasonable prices. http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/61626/Neil_Young-Neil_Young-Vinyl_Record__LP

you can search for the other three on there.

Harvest is 30 bucks cause they are using the original thick wooly feeling cardboard, and the rest of them are 22.

I have no idea why the box set is going for 150 or whatever. I guess the extra box costs 50 dollars to make or something :)

http://www.jambands.com/news/2009/11/11/neil-young-streaming-dreamin-man

link to the song Dreamin Man from Dreamin Man Live 92. sounds great. i love it without the back up singers.

Sounds promising. I like 'Harvest Moon' but it could have done with a bit less production. This record is coming out as Audio only, unlike the previous ASP which had DVD versions included. We should be getting 'Toast' next spring and another APS disk this time next year. Rumours are that Archives Volume 2 will appear summer 2011.

• 2 months later...

This is mere speculation but Thrasher's Wheat posted a link to a blog looking at the Performance Series and possible future releases. Nothing new that others haven't suggested already but nice to read all the same.

http://heartbreaktrail.wordpress.com/2010/01/12/neil-youngs-live-performance-series-what-should-come-next/

You would have thought after last years deluge of releases and touring that 2010 might be a quieter year for old Neil. I would have thought we would get another one of these performance series disk towards the end of the year and, hopefully, 'Toast' the unreleased Neil and Crazy Horse album. However, we know how Neil operates so expect the unexpected.

This is mere speculation but Thrasher's Wheat posted a link to a blog looking at the Performance Series and possible future releases. Nothing new that others haven't suggested already but nice to read all the same.

http://heartbreaktrail.wordpress.com/2010/01/12/neil-youngs-live-performance-series-what-should-come-next/

You would have thought after last years deluge of releases and touring that 2010 might be a quieter year for old Neil. I would have thought we would get another one of these performance series disk towards the end of the year and, hopefully, 'Toast' the unreleased Neil and Crazy Horse album. However, we know how Neil operates so expect the unexpected.

interesting. toast will be part of the 'unreleased album series' not the performance series. Rusted out garage will def be in there as will a 76 crazy horse show. but i'm sure there's more. despite my writing this, i could give a shit at this point. i really want to hear unreleased tracks from the 70s.