The Wilco Book

Okay I was experiencing the Wilco Book and came across a picture of Thax. I'm not sure, but I think I saw him in Austin this past Wednesday for a show at Waterloo and Emo's with headliner Sea Wolf. I was just wondering if he's on this forum.

The book is all over the place, but i do enjoy it.

Okay I was experiencing the Wilco Book and came across a picture of Thax. I'm not sure, but I think I saw him in Austin this past Wednesday for a show at Waterloo and Emo's with headliner Sea Wolf. I was just wondering if he's on this forum.

The book is all over the place, but i do enjoy it.

"Thax" was involved in a legendary thread here around the time of the Kicking Television shows. I am not sure if we ever figured this out but two different people posted as Thax, the second claiming that the first was a hoax. He hasn't read at a Wilco or Tweedy show since the spring of 2005, and I think Tweedy made some disparaging comments about him in a documentary based on Thax's life and work a few years back.

Links to the threads from the archives: First and Last Post... looong. sorry.

Good Grief!

--Mike

i got a laugh out of this, as i have no idea who this guy is:

I actually consider myself an independent star in my own right

he's completely off the radar here:

One is that I saw Jeff hugging Dan Koretzky, head of Drag City records and my archenemy in Chicago.

Dan is symbolic of everything that's wrong with Chicago IMHO

Drag City is easily one of the best labels ever. if that's what's wrong w/ Chicago, please pray for more fuckups.

i just most of that rambling screed. what a waste of time.

I suppose it is important that this was saved somewhere for posterity (I have it in a file somewhere as well) since it was deleted from here after things got hot. Whether or not Thax actually wrote it is still up for debate. Such a long time ago in pop culture time....

LouieB