original harmony ridge creek dippers

Been wantin to pick up 'mystic theatre' and 'political manifesto' for sometime now,but can only find them on amazon uk, well out of my price range. Anyone have these and want to barter? Mark Olson writes my fav. tunes, would like to complete the creekdippers disco.

• 2 weeks later...

Been wantin to pick up 'mystic theatre' and 'political manifesto' for sometime now,but can only find them on amazon uk, well out of my price range. Anyone have these and want to barter? Mark Olson writes my fav. tunes, would like to complete the creekdippers disco.

if it's any consolation, both of those albums are terrible. i got them at one point to 'round out my collection' as well. they are unlistenable. sorry.

if it's any consolation, both of those albums are terrible. i got them at one point to 'round out my collection' as well. they are unlistenable. sorry.

That's a bit harsh. I don't think anyone will argue that it's Olson's best work, or even close to it, but the down-homey d.i.y. approach taken to the extreme like this does have a certain charm.

That's a bit harsh. I don't think anyone will argue that it's Olson's best work, or even close to it, but the down-homey d.i.y. approach taken to the extreme like this does have a certain charm.

the other harmony ridge albums are fairly good. the last two, mentioned above are pretty bad.

Mystic Theatre isn't at all bad. I quite like the DIY aspect of it. Political Manifesto was very overblown and sounded like a man who had run out of ideas. Happily, The Salvation Blues put him right back in the game.

i found an old copy of Zola and the tulip tree online and ordered it. alas, that was a few months ago and it hasn't shown up. is that one any good. i had a copy of it for a while, but lost it and can't remember if it's good or not.

i need to pick up the louris/olson record. heard it a few times. they are best when together. louris can get a little cheesy by himself.

i need to pick up the louris/olson record. heard it a few times. they are best when together. louris can get a little cheesy by himself.

On a related point. I picked up the Jayhawks retrospective recently. The disk of unreleased stuff is really interesting in so much as most things on there are better than a lot of the released stuff. There is an early version of the song that became 'I'm gonna make you love me' and it is vastly superior and far less cheesy. That 'smile' album could have been a whole lot better if they had kept it simple.