IMPORTANT: Lupos/Front Gate problem

I know there is an entire thread based on the tour, BUT I think it is important for anyone to see this since it concerns people being overcharged. I just talked to Lupos...

- They said that the first ten rows of their balcony (A - J) should be $42.50. These first ten rows are the only mezzanine seats at Lupos http://www.lupos.com/Mezzanine.html

- All other seats (GA & Balcony) should be $35! I was curious because my balcony seats (row S) are 42.50. If you have been charged 42.50 for any balcony seats that row K or higher, you need to contact Lupos or Frontgate and get your $7.50 back.

- The good news is that ANY ticket at Lupos is also a GA pit ticket, so I would recommend showing up early and just heading to the pit.

Hope I'm the only one that was overcharged, but with all of frontgates problems I'm sure there are others

So if I have a balcony seat row Q right center, I can still stand on the floor if I get there early? Thanks for the info on prices. I was charged $42.50 as well.

Yes, the floor is for every type of ticket, no reserved area at all. Get in touch with someone to get your $7.50 back though

I think that we got overpriced by $2 for the Concord tickets.

It says $35 on the official site and venue site. And it says $37 day of show which is what we got charged.

$2 isn't much but if everyone today got charged that and people pay $35 on Friday than that's kind of unfair.

I'd assume to email Front Gate and not the venue.

Edit: I just called Front Gate and the young woman told me that it was a surcharge for the presale?

On top of the service fee (10 or 5 per ticket?) and shipping cost (8.50 or 4.25 per ticket) it seems odd.

I guess I paid $4 for the comfort of not dealing with buying tickets on Friday or Saturday. :ninja

Edit Part Deux: Ok, I just checked the Capitol Theater site and now they list tickets at $37 & day of as $39.

:shifty

Sneaky bastards.

Received this email today from Front Gate......

Wilco-Lupo's Heartbreak Hotel in Providence, RI. IMPORTANT INFORMATION

Front Gate Tickets [hello@frontgatetickets.com]

Sent: Wednesday, January 06, 2010 5:32 PM

To:

Front Gate Tickets [hello@frontgatetickets.com]

Attachments:

Thank you for your support during today’s Wilco presale at Lupo’s Heartbreak Hotel in Providence, RI.

Unfortunately, there was an error in the setup of the show which caused you to be overcharged for the seats you purchased in the Balcony. We will issue you a refund for the difference in base ticket price & service charge / per ticket purchased in the Balcony.

We’re sincerely sorry for the error. Please look for the refund to post in the next 48-72 hours.

Enjoy the show,

Front Gate Tickets

--

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FRONT GATE TICKETS Help Desk

Phone: 512.389.0315 In Austin

Toll Free: 888.512.SHOW

Email: hello@frontgatetickets.com

Web Site: www.frontgatetickets.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Phone center hours Mon. - Sat. 9 AM to 9 PM Central Time

• 2 months later...