Guest Runaway Jim

How was the show, man? I caught Trey solo twice (6/6/02 & 8/10/05) and really dug the shows. I wasn't much of a fan of Trey or Phish at the time of the '02 show, aside from liking a few songs. That's essentially what got me into Phish.

The 8/10/05 show was pretty cool. I think that was around the time he stopped taking set breaks and did solo acoustic stuff while the rest of the band took a breather. I could be wrong about that. But that was the highlight of that show for me.

He's playing tonight in Chicago, but I don't have the money. I was really hoping to go, but things came up that broke me, temporarily.

I see he's been playing Sultans of Swing, which I'd love to hear. I'll probably just try and find a copy or two of the shows.

The show was great!

Set I: Shine, What’s Done, Push On Til The Day, Let Me Lie, Sleep Again, The Birdwatcher, Valentine, Cayman Review, Gotta Jibboo, Sultans of Swing, Stealing Time From The Faulty Plan*, Water In The Sky*, Back On The Train*, Bathtub Gin*, Backwards Down The Number Line*,

Set II: Curlew’s Call, Sand, Night Speaks to a Woman, Goodbye Head, Words to Wanda, Money Love and Change, Small Axe, All That Almost Was, Spin, Tuesday,

Encore: Magilla, First Tube

Notes: * Trey solo acoustic

Had great fun with the acoustic Bathtub...The Cayman Review>Gotta Jibbo got things moving and I saw a lot of smiles. Hopefully this turns into Phish at Alpine this summer. We will see. If you find last nights show for download, let me know.

Looks like a really good show. How was the solo acoustic stuff?

Fantastic! From what I read, this was the second night of the tour where he pulled out a phish acoustic set. The previous show in NY (I think) was the first night. It felt strange to see only Trey up there with an acoustic, but man, he hit the songs well and we just sang along.

(A great shot of the acoustic set by my friend Katie P I is attached)

trey.jpg