Wilco, Belfast, September

Wilco will play the Open House Festival in Belfast in September. Others due in town for the festival from September 7 to 12 include Old Crow Medicine Show, The Felice Brothers, The Low Anthem, AA Bondy and Dr. Dog.

Limited early bird tickets for the Wilco and Felice Brothers show at the Festival Marquee (Custom House Square) on September 10 are now on sale at £25 each (normal price will be £32.50).

Wilco will play the Open House Festival in Belfast in September. Others due in town for the festival from September 7 to 12 include Old Crow Medicine Show, The Felice Brothers, The Low Anthem, AA Bondy and Dr. Dog.

Limited early bird tickets for the Wilco and Felice Brothers show at the Festival Marquee (Custom House Square) on September 10 are now on sale at £25 each (normal price will be £32.50).

It's also been added on the site that this will be Wilco's only Irish date.

First thing this morning the site says 'sold out' - does anyone know if this is true? 2K tix in 24 hours? really??

Apparently there was a technical problem with their site until around 10am today. Apology on the site says there are still early bird tix left. Got mine this morning. So happy. It will be a long (wet) summer in Ireland, waiting for Wilco!

It seems they had a little trouble last night as I couldn't get tickets but tried again this morning and it was no hassle. A real pleasure to get a Wilco ticket for £25/€27.50, last time in Vicar Street it was near €50 I think.

Looks like it's the only Irish show this year as well. Haven't been to Belfast in ages so looking forward to it. Looks like a good festival in nice surroundings!

Thanks Dick!

No way?! Where does it say that? Boo. I was half hoping there would be another date added in the Republic of Ireland.

There's a post about it on this Irish Times blog, in the comments the organiser of the Belfast festival posts to say it's the only Irish date.

There's a post about it on this Irish Times blog, in the comments the organiser of the Belfast festival posts to say it's the only Irish date.

I just got this in an email from the festival director, confirming:

It is an Irish exclusive so this will be their only Irish show and we had this confirmed by their excellent booking agent. So you still gotta come up the road to Belfast!

Cheers,

Kieran

Kieran Gilmore

Festival Director

That's sorta sad for the floundering Irish economy, all these Wilco euros (including mine) floating north to the UK. I did my Christmas shopping down in the Republic, at least, so I don't feel so guilty.