How the Earth Was Made

Does anyone else watch this show on History Channel? It is utterly fascinating and confirms my belief that I really should have been a geologist or volcanologist. There was an original 2-hour special that went through the progression of the planet from its birth to eventual death through all the ice ages, volcanic activity, plate movements, etc.

There was also an episode on Mt. St. Helens that I've watched over and over again. Probably one of the more fascinating events of my lifetime.

Just wondering if there were any other fans, and to encourage others to check it out.

I missed that one, although they did touch on the Great Lakes during the episode on America's Ice Age. I'm probably going to have to pick these up on DVD/Blu-Ray (are they on Blu-Ray?). I'm not sure how often History Channel re-airs all the past episodes.

I like this show too.

Does anyone else watch this show on History Channel? It is utterly fascinating and confirms my belief that I really should have been a geologist or volcanologist. There was an original 2-hour special that went through the progression of the planet from its birth to eventual death through all the ice ages, volcanic activity, plate movements, etc.

There was also an episode on Mt. St. Helens that I've watched over and over again. Probably one of the more fascinating events of my lifetime.

Just wondering if there were any other fans, and to encourage others to check it out.

It is one of the two or three shows that actually justify watching The History Channel these days.

Kinda off-topic, but it's always fascinated me that most of us are concerned about recycling and pollution and saving nature, yet Earth is just one major earthquake or volcanic eruption or meteor strike away from being altered considerably.

I respect people like Al Gore for their goal or making Earth a better place to live, but throwing empty 2-liters into a recycle bin and saving trees seems silly after events like the recent earthquakes or the forest fires last year.

I'm not suggesting we stop helping make our environment cleaner and better. But Earth can pollute and ruin itself MUCH better and faster than us measly little humans.

Earthquakes we can't do anything about. Global warming we can do something about.

Dont forget Life After People. Modern Marvels is pretty good too.

Ergo the 'two or three shows' portion of the post.

That and any show with R. Lee Ermey.

Global warming is so 2006.

Heh. I was just asked if I was going to take pics of the latest Tea Party rally here and my reply was, "Tea Party rallies are so 2009."