Imaginary Television...Graham Parker.

Folks like to post up about new albums by artists. One of my old faves, Graham Parker, just released Imaginary Television on Bloodshot. Not only is he keeping up a pretty good string on Bloodshot, late in his career, but this one is excellent, maybe the best so far of the last four. It is currently available on LP too. I saw him last Saturday at the Old Town School with the Figgs and they ripped it up.

LouieB

I love one of his more recent albums: Your Country. Parker is great.

Strangely enough the Bloodshot folks themselves think this his weakest album of the four he has done with them. If you like that one, check out the others. There is also a pretty good live album from this period as well, with old and new songs on it and he is backed by the Figgs....looks like it is out of print though.

LouieB

I know I have mentioned the Kinks' movie in other threads but I thought this was pretty cool (from today's Boston Globe):

Graham Parker performs at party for Kinks movie

British rocker Graham Parker made a surprise appearance at the after-party for "Do It Again," director Rob Patton-Spruill's movie about Globe reporter Geoff Edgers's quest to reunite the Kinks. Saturday's sold-out screening at the Somerville Theatre was part of the Independent Film Festival Boston. (Among those turned away without a ticket were former 'BCN jock Oedipus and one of Edgers's former professors at Tufts.) Parker, who'd performed earlier in the evening at Johnny D's, showed up at the party at the VFW Dilboy Hall and played a smokin' version of his 1976 song "Soul Shoes," backed by Figgs Mike Gent, Pete Donnelly, Pete Hayes, and Scott Janovitz.