Just getting back to Burlington from last night's epic/terrific/stunning/(pick a word) Arcade Fire show in totally weird Sherbrooke, QC. I saw a post on Pitchfork about the show last Friday - clicked the attached link and was placed in the queue to purchase tickets. I bought two and called a friend and off went to Sherbrooke. A bit further from Burlington than I thought, but with a 2pm start we got there in plenty of time. Admittedly, I am big fan of this band having last seen them three or so years ago, but also lucky enough to have seen them a few times in Montreal before they blew up. This show kinda felt like the earlier shows I had seen - stripped down and heavy on the guitars! This band plays with such force and might that it is really something to behold. They looked very relaxed and were clearly digging being on stage after such a long lay off. They split show basically right down the middle - half new and half old songs. The new stuff is GREAT - more straight ahead than the last two records. The older stuff - well - still totally kicks ass!

Here's the setlist (courtesy of the Montreal Gazette)

The Suburbs

Ready To Start

Keep the Car Running

We Used to Write

No Cars Go

Haiti

Invention

Rococo

Empty Room

Modern Man

Neighborhood #1

Neighborhood #3

Month of May

Rebellion (lies)

Wake Up (Acoustic)

See em this summer if they are anywhere near you...

i am so glad to hear the show was great. I just paid a lot of money for 2nd row center seats to see them in boston. August is gonna be a good month! Arcade Fire then Solid Sound!

Glad you got Boston tix - you're in for a real treat. Yes, August will be good. Solid State, My Morning Jacket and MGMT in Burlington -- a very good August.