JT and the Clouds or JT Nero

Anyone out there into these guys? Caught them a couple of weeks ago at a festival and they were really excellent. The played a lot of stuff with Po' Girl, who are also excellent. They're from Chicago, any of you hear of them?

Wow, no one huh? I thought Wilco fans would be into these guys. JT (Jeremy Lindsay) is head guy and song writer and is charismatic Like JT of Wilco fame. Check out some vids, though most of these don't them justice.

Okay, only 1 media file, so check youtube for others...

Wow, really? Are you a Wilco fan?

listen. I don't do douche-offs, but you asked and got a reply. It might have been an off-night, but the mixture of jammyness, forced 'Let's everybody have a great time' banter and estrogen fueled songs from an all-male band was not something that is to my taste. There are certain acts that do this - Jesse Malin and his use of 'Hey let's sit on the floor in circle like a campfire' comes to mind. It makes me run for the exit.

Trouble is, I really wanted to see them and like them. The Be Good Tanyas covered a song of theirs that was pretty excellent - hence the tour with Po Girl, when Trish Klein was still a member. Real disappointment.

as far as questioning being a Wilco fan, that's a pretty stupid question.

I was skeptical going to this show, it was an all day thing called The Thirsty Ear Festival, held at this old western town movie set up near Santa Fe. Anything going on in or near Santa Fe has strong woo-woo potential, and this fit the bill perfectly. Plus I had seen Po Girl in 05 or 06 at a bar in Albuquerque, they had a couple of members of the Be Good Tanyas along, they played an excellent show though it was over the top estrogenized, I'm not big on women who want to kick my ass. When my wife told me about this thing I was like, you go with our daughter I need to work around the house, that didn't fly. Anyway, the music...we had a lunch ticket to see Po Girl, they played their folky stuff, JT joined them at one point, they're all solid musicians, and the two women have good voices, not to mention that they're not bad looking either. I don't know their songs so I can't speak to the lyrical content. JT & the Clouds played a couple hours later, and they rocked pretty hard, I have to say I enjoyed their music, kind of soulish, folkish, I don't really know how to describe it, again I don't know the lyrics. Later on the small stage, JT & Allison and some random band members did an acoustic set which was really good. Afterward they hung out in the crowd, my 16 year old daughter had a blast talking with them, they were all nice people. I was pleasantly surprised that the crowd at this show wasn't all women with an axe to grind. Maybe give them another listen.