Musicians - Ever been double-booked?

So I've been a performing musician for over 10 years now, and yesterday I just experienced my first "double booking" fiasco.

Our booking agent called the venue my band was scheduled to play at to let them know we found another band to bring along, and they said "ummm... we hadn't heard from you in a while, so we got other bands to fill the bill". The show was booked a month ago and we had already started promoting it... What do you mean you haven't heard from us? Of course I was pissed, so I called the venue wanting answers.... They offered me a date a week earlier, but that was unaccaptable, so I told him that he should kick one of the bands off of the bill that he booked over us.... He said he'd see what he could do and call me back...

I definitely don't want to burn any bridges with this place, but at the same time, I can't stand getting screwed over like that.. I had to let them know I was pissed... But again, I hope I didn't burn any bridges....

Never been double booked but once did a gig where we performed in-between rounds of a bikini contest. Not exactly what we had expected when we originally got the gig. The girls dressing room was right next door to ours, unfortunately no Motley Crue like parties ensued.

I may have been, but cannot remember for sure.

Maybe once, when I was in college or something. This does, indeed, suck. And it's further evidence that many "talent buyers" are genuine pieces of shit.

This happened to us. It's always after inviting everyone you know and advertising the heck out of it. How hard is it to keep a calendar? And confirm a booking before you get someone else instead? But then again, many of the bar owners or managers we have dealt with are such unorganized burn outs.

This happened to us. It's always after inviting everyone you know and advertising the heck out of it. How hard is it to keep a calendar? And confirm a booking before you get someone else instead? But then again, many of the bar owners or managers we have dealt with are such unorganized burn outs.

Let's just book a ViaChicago band show, ourselves.

Everybody, all-together, now.

I am going to start a thread (surprise!) where all band folks post where they are based. We will then attempt to book VC shows in cities all over the US. Let's see if we can pull this off.

Link to thread HERE.

It's happened to me, and was the final clue to the puzzle: some bridges are worth burning. Incidentally another band I play with went back to play that venue and that band had problems with the a-holes as well.

It's a shame in more than one ways too, because the venue was one of a very few places in town that serve a tasty local brew which is about three cuts above the usual poisonous piss-water most places serve.

It's happened to me, and was the final clue to the puzzle: some bridges are worth burning. Incidentally another band I play with went back to play that venue and that band had problems with the a-holes as well.

It's a shame in more than one ways too, because the venue was one of a very few places in town that serve a tasty local brew which is about three cuts above the usual poisonous piss-water most places serve.

Yeah, that's pretty much how we feel. If this place never calls us again, then it's probably better that way anyway. It's just a shame because there are very few options when it comes to local venue's in my town..... But we also can't develop a reputation as a band that is desperate and lets club owners walk all over them.

I've never been a fan of the business side of music (that's why we have a manager/agent)... But I always end up getting sucked into it somehow anyway.