The Giving of Thanks Thread

As always, I am beyond thankful for my family. And as always, I'm thankful for my friends, those I've met in person, and those of you who may or may not be imaginary, but still add great joy, or at least some interesting texture, to my life. :)

I'm thankful for good books and trashy TV, and for comedians and musicians and personal trainers (real-life trainers, not the ones on trashy TV).

I'm thankful for Joss Whedon, Donal Logue, Matthew Sweet, A.S. Byatt, and Aubrey Huff.

I'm thankful for healthy knees and ankles, and the sports-massage therapist who fixed that weird twinge I had in my hip for a while there.

I'm thankful for San Francisco and Vancouver and Manchester.

I'm thankful for public transportation, public schools, and public libraries.

I'm thankful for new babies in the family, and for two cousins who got engaged this year, meaning a couple of weddings to attend in the near future and maybe some more new babies at some point.

And I'm thankful for the new babies in our VC family this year. :monkey :monkey

Guest Speed Racer

Well, this one really took off. :lol Buncha ungrateful hooligans!

I am thankful for all of you, who keep me productive at work. :wub

I am thankful for my super-awesome lady, and extra grateful that she is responsible for the cooking this year and I am taking on the cleaning.

I am thankful that her mother is working on Thanksgiving, that we are spending tomorrow with brats, tots, kraut and football, and that the stores will be open on Saturday when we have people over for the turkey and fixins.

I too am thankful for Joss Whedon, and the past Sunday I spent rewatching the whole Firefly series. :lol

I am thankful for my family, my job, my colleagues, and the law schools who will soon accept me. :lol I am thankful for the Indian food feast our office annually shares today, the day before Thanksgiving.

I am thankful for sweatpants, which I will be wearing from this evening through Monday morning.

I am thankful for my bike, my beautiful blue steed who gallantly takes me all around town.

And, finally, I am thankful for Mary-Louise Parker, who one day will sit on my face I might have the privilege of meeting.

I am thankful for life, for the culmination of events that led me to hit bottom and choose to look up, for the fellowship who saved my ass and continue to do so on a daily basis, for awesome music, for my friends in the flesh and online, for employment, for having my basic needs met, for family close and far away, and most of all for donuts and boobs.

I'm thankful for my health, my loving daughter who has been there for me during my recent divorce and who i am so very proud of and my family and my friends who have stood by me during these tough times.

I'm also thankful for Jesus Christ for always having my back and our Father for making all things possible.

I hope everyone has a safe and happy Thanksgiving!

:)

I am thankful that I can still be amazed and moved by music.

I am so very thankful for my wonderful wife and spectacular kids.

We had some truly outstanding thankful-fors at our house last night. :wub A few people went above and beyond, specifically thanking each other for making a big difference in their lives, for being there during very tough times, for being part of the village that helped raise their children... That's how every Thanksgiving should be. :yes

Does this mean you haven't had to replace any iPods recently? :lol

DON'T JINX ME

I am thankful for....

Great friends that have stuck by me these last few years

Being able to play and write music

The army of guitars in my basement

Being able to make peace with my Dad before he died, and realizing what an amazing man he truly was

Putting to bed the demons of divorce, and having the opportunity to fall in love again

After 32 years on this earth, finally realizing the person I want to be, and finding some contentment for once in my life