Boutique amplifiers

I am seriously considering buying a Bruno Underground 30 amplifier but it's about $2000 more than I have ever spent on an amp. Plus I have never been willing to buy an amp without at least playing throught it. Unfortunately it's tough to find a dealer for most of these amps anywhere nearby. I currently play through a Fender Deville which I have always been pretty happy with but the tone search always continues. I really want a single channel class A type amp.

Does anybody own a higher end boutique type amp? Are they really worth it?

Thoughts on Sommatone vs. Bruno vs. Bludotone vs. Germano, etc....?

There's quite a few boutique amps to choose from these days that's for sure. I've read some good things about a few, but without the opportunity to test drive I'm a bit leery, especially when we're talking thousands of dollars.

Speaking of amps, anyone have any experience with the Peavey Delta Blues 115? I like the demos I've heard of this haven't got to play one yet though.

There's quite a few boutique amps to choose from these days that's for sure. I've read some good things about a few, but without the opportunity to test drive I'm a bit leery, especially when we're talking thousands of dollars.

Speaking of amps, anyone have any experience with the Peavey Delta Blues 115? I like the demos I've heard of this haven't got to play one yet though.

I play through a Peavy Delta Blues 115.

I freaking love it! It's got that big 15" speaker that just pushes so much air for such a small amp and has a nice, clear low-end response, which a lot of guitar amps seem to be lacking. Still cuts, though.

Highly recommended!

604174.jpg

I play through a Peavy Delta Blues 115.

I freaking love it! It's got that big 15" speaker that just pushes so much air for such a small amp and has a nice, clear low-end response, which a lot of guitar amps seem to be lacking. Still cuts, though.

Highly recommended!

That's great to hear. The demos I've heard of the amp have been in the blues and blues-rock vein, and it sounds real good. I'm hoping it will be versatile enough for other genres too. If you're using it I have to assume it likely is.