I just downloaded the debut record/album from these guys. Became familiar with them from their EP Vera Cruz.

This is a GREAT record. They are out of Nashville. I haven't been this excited about a new band since I stumbled across Dawes and got turned on to MMJ.

They sound a bit like Zuma era Neil Young crossed with the Faces. Singer warbles a lot like Neil Young but the music is especially polished.

They've been compared to Uncle Tupelo and Wilco (but that is probably the new catchall for really cool bands that have a warped take on classic roots rock/roots country.) Apparently there is a Gillian Welch connection.

love that video. see a band play makes more interested. i'm getting a Television vibe from them. don't know why. gonna check them out :0

The voices are a bit 'Tom Verlaineish". This is from their ep Vera Cruz. The new record has a TP and the Heartbreakers vibe or maybe a Stonesy vibe. The vocals are quite a bit stronger.

Add me to this small pile of fans. I'm looking forward to listening to the new one. Love Veracruz and don't hear a single comparitive note with Uncle Tupelo or Wilco.

I didn't either, but I read these two blurbs:

"Front man Matt Campbell mixes the high-pitched cry of Neil Young, the androgynous whine of Tom Verlaine, and the sweet lyricism of Gram Parsons, and the chugging, intertwined guitars give the music an appealing post-Stones strut—all of which is a long way of saying The Deep Vibration reminds me of Uncle Tupelo." - Chicago Reader

"They got their name from Lou Reed, but their scruffy roots-rock is way more Wilco.” - Blender

I don't see the comparison, and I mentioned it as a poke at lazy "Journalism". However, I think anybody who like UT and Wilco would connect to their vibe.

And it is available for download from Amazon for $8.90.

DO IT. DO IT NOW!