How not to subdue a f*&^(ing CHILD

7 members have voted

1. 1. Pepper spray is intended for use on?

I say, Good job, officer whatever-your-name-is. That kid sounds like a future criminal. Hopefully, he has learned a valuable lesson.

Kids today are totally out of control, largely as a result of parents being unwilling or unable to truly comprehend their responsibility to be parents. Kids need to know that adults are in charge, not them. In the past ten years, I can't count how many times I have had to move to my left or right, while walking through a store, to avoid running down some stupid kid. When I was a kid, if an adult was heading my way, I got the fuck out of his way! If a police officer asked me to hand over a weapon, there would have been no discussion, no tantrum...I would have handed it the hell over.

In most cases, I blame the parents. They think every little thing their precious brat does is cute, and their idea of discipline is some bullshit timeout. If your three-year-old tries to be your boss, you give 'em a good smack on the ass. Corporal punishment, used sparingly and wisely, is the foundation of a civilized society...hence, many of our children today act like little terrors...they think they are untouchable.

As a parent of two whom has never struck his kids I have to agree with you. My mom raised her hand to me once...period. It was a crushing back hand to my face that Im sure she felt horrible about but I deserved every bit of it. It was like getting kicked by Billy Jack and it was the first and last time I gave her good enough reason to strike me. Its kinda the same way with a puppy, it shits on the carpet-you smack its ass and after a couple of times it figures it out. If it shits on the carpet and you ask it kindly to shit in the yard....well, it shits on the carpet again. Pepper spray might be a bit much but like mentioned earlier if the cop bruises the kids arm Jesse Jackson and Geraldo are on the next plane to town to cash in.

As human behavior tends to change very slowly (and one could make the argument that, in general, we’re more tolerant and less like, assholely than we were 50 or 60 years ago), I’ll go out on a pretty sturdy limb here and suggest today’s children behave pretty much the way they always have. If things were so much better “back in my day”, why the hell was there so much paddling taking place in schools – if, after all, children were, according to popular myth, little angels. The truth is, most studies have shown that hitting children is counterproductive, and, quite frequently, simply doesn’t work – leading to more and harsher punishment. If hitting your child doesn’t produce the desired result, were does one go from there?

The child in this case is known to have behavioral issues, quite possibly stemming from some form of emerging mental illness. Being pepper sprayed by the cops may not leave physical scars, but they are not the only type that leave a mark, mental scarring can be just as or more damaging in the long term.