Recording a solo album

I've got someone lined up to record this thing.

Holy crap, this is really gonna happen!

Gotta do some more planning, now!

• 3 weeks later...

So, this is becoming a bit more involved (are you surprised?); it's going to be a double EP.

I'm still going to record the songs solo and acoustic. And I am going to release those songs as an EP called "Well-Enough Alone". But then, I am going to take the same takes of those same songs, and remix/produce them a bit more, and release THOSE as a second EP called "Can't Leave Well-Enough Alone".

I think that I am going to make them available for purchase/download either together or separately.

Maybe I'll tack on some bonus stuff as an premium for getting them both. Who knows?

Anyway, recording is going to start in a couple of weeks. Just nailing down the start date for sure. "Well-Enough Alone" shouldn't take long at all, being what it is. I'll let you know.

Love,

Todd

• 3 months later...

I (may have) finished tracking for the acoustic EP. Listening back to the reference mixes today and trying to figure out whether or not I am actually done, of if (what) things need to be re-done, than... what?

I (may have) finished tracking for the acoustic EP. Listening back to the reference mixes today and trying to figure out whether or not I am actually done, of if (what) things need to be re-done, than... what?

Release it, it's time to leave Well Enough Alone!

Release it, it's time to leave Well Enough Alone!

I've still gotta mix it.

And, there is a harmonica solo that still needs to be laid down, too.

Hell, there's only been 2 sessions so far. I don't want to go back and listen to it and hear nothing but the things that I wish were different (like I do with my previous releases).

Not gonna rush it.

Still, it shouldn't take too long.