The Making of a Wilco Fan Project 2011

The Making of a Wilco Fan Project 2011 Road Trip

So here starts the journey, one week from today. I will be flying into Montgomery Alabama on Monday May 2nd and following Wilco for their 6 shows. I started a blog/website called The Making of a Wilco Fan which you can find here www.debhickey.com (just click on the picture of Jeff.) The website talks about my first fan experience and why I want to document the fans of Wilco. I have some expectations as to what I want for this mini documentary but honestly I don’t know what will come out of this road trip besides seeing 6 great shows.

I hope to post photos and videos as I go along but don’t know how much time I’ll have to do that. There is some driving to do and shows to see and people to meet. If anyone on VC is going to these shows and wants to say something about being a fan or have a story to share please let me know, especially those of you who have been a fan since the beginning of time. Many thanks to any or all of you who participate.

Wow, I remember this now. What an incredibly cool project you are taking on! You'll have to meet up with the elusive [edit: ubiquitous!] Paul at some point--I hear he has a few stories to share.

AND you were one of the winners of the photo contest. Double wow!! :cheers

Wow, I remember this now. What an incredibly cool project you are taking on! You'll have to meet up with the elusive Paul at some point--I hear he has a few stories to share.

AND you were one of the winners of the photo contest. Double wow!! :cheers

Yes I'd love to do a portrait of the back of Paul, standing in a crowd, jotting down songs. I know many VCers have met him but I'd like to highlight his anonymity. I'm assuming he almost always has a better view than most of us so it would make sense

to see the back of him. And then record some of his stories. Maybe if this week goes smoothly that portrait could be done at SSF2 if Paul would like to participate. We'll see what happens

• 2 weeks later...

I am in the middle of this mini tour through the south and have been meeting some lovely folks along the way. I didn't get my act together in time to do blogspot or another more professional blog, instead it is attached to my website. If you are interested in seeing any of my photos from my trip you can see them here www.debhickey.com/themakingofawilcofan

Thanks Houston for the best energy of the tour.

I love your impressions. They are some of the most heartfelt recollections I have read by a concert attendee. Maybe because it's due to you being new to the band. Enjoy the rest of your mini tour. Look forward to more entries!