You lucky Aussies! The Cure to Play Three Imaginary, Faith and Seventeen Seconds at Opera House!

Word is it will be released as a dvd....guess that works for now..Hope this show will make it to the USA though!

Yeah I guess I should read the link... :lol

The shows will be filmed for a future DVD release.

The line up:

Appearing onstage with a uniquely evolving line-up of band members past and present, one of the world's most enduringly influential groups will perform their first three albums live, in their entirety, in an extraordinary concert experience exclusively for Vivid LIVE.

The Cure "Reflections"

Three Imaginary Boys (1979)

The Cure Trio: Robert Smith (voice & guitar), Simon Gallup (bass), Jason Cooper (drums)

Seventeen Seconds (1980)

The Cure Quartet: Robert Smith (voice & guitar), Simon Gallup (bass), Jason Cooper (drums), Roger O'Donnell (keys)

Faith (1981)

The Cure Quintet: Robert Smith (voice & guitar), Simon Gallup (bass), Jason Cooper (drums), Roger O'Donnell (keys & percussion), Laurence Tolhurst (keys & percussion)

If this show was anywhere in the USA I would be there..Faith is one of my all time favorite albums. I think it would translate well live. Doubt also supposedly was never played live!

Shesh also on top of the awesome show the venue looks stunning and only holds 2500 or so!

http://www.sydneyoperahouse.com/About/Venues/Concert_Hall.aspx

PS Woot my 3,000 post!

• 4 weeks later...

UGGGH I would have loved to see this...setlist so far night 1!

1st set: 10:15 Saturday Night, Accuracy, Grinding Halt, Another Day, Object, Subway Song, Foxy Lady, Meathook, So What, Fire In Cairo, It's Not You, Three Imaginary Boys (No Weedy Burton).

2nd set (with Roger O'Donnell): A Reflection, Play for Today, Secrets, In Your House, Forever! (instead of Three?), The Final Sound, A Forest, M, At Night, Seventeen Seconds.

3rd set (with Roger and Lol Tolhurst): The Holy Hour, Primary, Other Voices, All Cats Are Grey , The Funeral Party, Doubt, The Drowning Man, Faith (not extended).

1st Encore: World War, I'm Cold, Plastic Passion, Boy's Don't Cry, Killing Another, Jumping Someone Else's Train (with keyboards), Another Journey By Train

2nd encore: Descent, Splintered in Her Head, Charlotte Sometimes,The Hanging Garden

3rd encore: Let's go to Bed, The Walk, Lovecats,

• 3 months later...

Good news for folks in London, L.A. & NYC. I'll wait for the DVD or download the show from that link above....LOL. Is this one final push to get into the R & R HOF this year?

THE CURE “REFLECTIONS” - SEVEN FINAL PERFORMANCES

Featuring THREE IMAGINARY BOYS (1979), SEVENTEEN SECONDS (1980) and FAITH (1981) played in their entirety.

Due to overwhelming demand The Cure “REFLECTIONS” show - first experienced in the spring of 2011 at the Vivid Festival in Sydney - will be performed seven more times in November 2011.

"REFLECTIONS" sees an evolving line up of band members past and present playing the first three Cure albums live in their entirety - from the punchy, offbeat, starkly unadorned songs of Three Imaginary Boys (1979), through the increasingly shadowy and quixotic pieces of Seventeen Seconds (1980), to the singular melancholic grandeur of Faith (1981) - in a truly extraordinary concert experience.

This final chance to experience the "REFLECTIONS" show will happen in Europe at the Royal Albert Hall, London on Tuesday November 15th, and in the USA at the Pantages Theatre, LA on Monday 21st, Tuesday 22nd and Wednesday 23rd, and at the Beacon Theatre, NYC on Friday 25th, Saturday 26th and Sunday 27th.

Tickets for the Royal Albert Hall, London show go on-sale Friday 30th September 2011 at 9am local time and are available from the 24 hour ticket hotline:

www.bookingsdirect.com / 0844 338 0000. Four tickets per person maximum.

Tickets for the Pantages Theatre, LA and Beacon Theatre, NYC shows will go on-saleMonday 31st October at 10am local time and are available online at Ticketmaster.com and at all Ticketmaster outlets. To charge tickets by phone, call (800) 745-3000. Any tickets not purchased directly through Ticketmaster or at the venue box offices may not be official tickets and run the risk of not being honoured night of show. Two tickets per person maximum.

SET 1 (approx 40 minutes)

'THREE IMAGINARY BOYS' (1979)

The Cure Trio - ROBERT SMITH: Voice & Guitar / SIMON GALLUP: Bass / JASON COOPER: Drums

>approx 15 minute changeover interval

SET 2 (approx 40 minutes)

'SEVENTEEN SECONDS' (1980)

The Cure Quartet - ROBERT SMITH: Voice & Guitar / SIMON GALLUP: Bass / JASON COOPER: Drums / ROGER O'DONNELL: Keys

approx 15 minute changeover interval

SET 3 (approx 40 minutes)

'FAITH' (1981)

The Cure Quartet - ROBERT SMITH: Voice & Guitar / SIMON GALLUP: Bass / JASON COOPER: Drums / ROGER O'DONNELL: Keys & Percussion / LAURENCE TOLHURST: Keys & Percussion

approx 5 minute interval

SET 4 (approx 30 minutes)

'ENCORES' of the period...

For more info please keep visiting www.thecure.com

Good news for folks in London, L.A. & NYC. I'll wait for the DVD or download the show from that link above....LOL. Is this one final push to get into the R & R HOF this year?

THE CURE “REFLECTIONS” - SEVEN FINAL PERFORMANCES

Featuring THREE IMAGINARY BOYS (1979), SEVENTEEN SECONDS (1980) and FAITH (1981) played in their entirety.

Due to overwhelming demand The Cure “REFLECTIONS” show - first experienced in the spring of 2011 at the Vivid Festival in Sydney - will be performed seven more times in November 2011.

"REFLECTIONS" sees an evolving line up of band members past and present playing the first three Cure albums live in their entirety - from the punchy, offbeat, starkly unadorned songs of Three Imaginary Boys (1979), through the increasingly shadowy and quixotic pieces of Seventeen Seconds (1980), to the singular melancholic grandeur of Faith (1981) - in a truly extraordinary concert experience.

This final chance to experience the "REFLECTIONS" show will happen in Europe at the Royal Albert Hall, London on Tuesday November 15th, and in the USA at the Pantages Theatre, LA on Monday 21st, Tuesday 22nd and Wednesday 23rd, and at the Beacon Theatre, NYC on Friday 25th, Saturday 26th and Sunday 27th.

Tickets for the Royal Albert Hall, London show go on-sale Friday 30th September 2011 at 9am local time and are available from the 24 hour ticket hotline:

www.bookingsdirect.com / 0844 338 0000. Four tickets per person maximum.

Tickets for the Pantages Theatre, LA and Beacon Theatre, NYC shows will go on-saleMonday 31st October at 10am local time and are available online at Ticketmaster.com and at all Ticketmaster outlets. To charge tickets by phone, call (800) 745-3000. Any tickets not purchased directly through Ticketmaster or at the venue box offices may not be official tickets and run the risk of not being honoured night of show. Two tickets per person maximum.

SET 1 (approx 40 minutes)

'THREE IMAGINARY BOYS' (1979)

The Cure Trio - ROBERT SMITH: Voice & Guitar / SIMON GALLUP: Bass / JASON COOPER: Drums

>approx 15 minute changeover interval

SET 2 (approx 40 minutes)

'SEVENTEEN SECONDS' (1980)

The Cure Quartet - ROBERT SMITH: Voice & Guitar / SIMON GALLUP: Bass / JASON COOPER: Drums / ROGER O'DONNELL: Keys

approx 15 minute changeover interval

SET 3 (approx 40 minutes)

'FAITH' (1981)

The Cure Quartet - ROBERT SMITH: Voice & Guitar / SIMON GALLUP: Bass / JASON COOPER: Drums / ROGER O'DONNELL: Keys & Percussion / LAURENCE TOLHURST: Keys & Percussion

approx 5 minute interval

SET 4 (approx 30 minutes)

'ENCORES' of the period...

For more info please keep visiting www.thecure.com

HOLY F*CK!!! You made my concert year and I even have a coveted ticket for Radiohead Thursday!!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow, that would be a nice night of music. Tapes are up on Dime - I haven't listened to them, though. Hopefully Smith will put out a DVD of sorts.

2011-11-15 The Cure London Royal Albert Hall UK

Set 1 – Three Imaginary Boys

1. 10:15 Saturday Night

2. Accuracy

3. Grinding Halt

4. Another Day

5. Object

6. Subway Song

7. Foxy Lady

8. Meathook

9. So What

10. Fire In Cairo

11. It's Not You

12. Three Imaginary Boys

13. The Weedy Burton

Set 2 – Seventeen Seconds

1. A Reflection

2. Play For Today

3. Secrets

4. In Your House

5. Three

6. The Final Sound

7. A Forest

8. M

9. At Night

10. Seventeen Seconds

Set 3 – Faith

1. Holy Hour

2. Primary

3. Other Voices

4. All Cats Are Grey

5. Funeral Party

6. Doubt

7. Drowing Man

8. Faith

Set 4 – Other Tracks

1. World War

2. I Am Cold

3. Plastic Passion

4. Boys Don’t Cry

5. Killing An Arab

6. Jumping Someone Else’s Train

7. Another Journey By Train

8. Descent

9. Splintered In Her Head

10. Charlotte Sometimes

11. The Hanging Garden

12. Let’s Go To Bed

13. The Walk

14. The Lovecats

• 4 weeks later...

How was the show?

Incedible and overwhelming. It is hard to take in 45 songs in one night but there were many, many highlights! The band sounded great. I loved the Three Imaginary Boys set as they sounded like a punk band. The 17 seconds album was also a treat hearing the keyboards being more prominent. Faith was also incredible. I really appricated Simon Gallups bass work throughout the night but here espically. Before the show I bought a $20 tour tshirt! Woot! Great night...thanks for asking..i can't wait for the DVD to relive the expierecne! :guitar