To the people who stole my Les Paul...

Brutal, there can certainly be a very real emotional attachment to a guitar. I would be broken-hearted to lose any one of my favorite guitars and I don't have near the history.

Sadly his plea will probably fall on deaf ears ad it takes a special kind of loser to do this type of thing. Here's hoping I'm wrong.

Heartbreaking.. I don't know what I would do if my strat was ever stolen.. I had a friend that had a Les Paul and a Fender bass stolen out of back of his car. I actually had an amp stolen several years ago. It's a funny story really. After I received the insurance money, I was shopping around town for a new amp and low and behold, I found my amp for sale at a local music store.. The store owner was basically like "let's not involve the police.. just get it out of here".... lol

Minus a guitar that's been autographed by members of a certain band, I don't own and custom or expensive instruments. But I'd be crushed if any of my gear was stolen.

The last apartment lived in while in college was right behind one of the live music venues in town. I went out on my balcony one evening, probably close to 1:00 a.m., and noticed an entire bass rig just leaning up against the back wall of the club -- the bass, an amp head, a couple of speaker cabs, effects board -- everything, just sitting there. The band was already gone, since the music for the evening had ended a few hours earlier. They had just left it there, clearly by accident. I couldn't believe that it was still sitting there, and that none of it had been ripped off yet. Probably $10,000 worth of stuff.

I went down there and hauled all of the gear up into my apartment, called the venue the next day, who contacted the musicians, and the bassist came over to my place to pick it all up. He was nearly in tears about it -- but I told him that I think any other musician would do the same. I like to believe that the people who steal gear are not musicians.

Yeah I like to believe that as well. I left my pedal board (with close to $1000 worth of pedals in it) at a venue one time and actually didn't notice it was missing until two weeks later.... I know I'm a moron.. But anyway, I called the venue absolutely mortified... Thankfully the club owner is also a musician. He said he knew someone would claim it eventually, but had fun fiddling around with it while he could... :)

Yeah I like to believe that as well. I left my pedal board (with close to $1000 worth of pedals in it) at a venue one time and actually didn't notice it was missing until two weeks later.... I know I'm a moron.. But anyway, I called the venue absolutely mortified... Thankfully the club owner is also a musician. He said he knew someone would claim it eventually, but had fun fiddling around with it while he could... :)

That's what I'm talkin' about. We look out for each other.