Handshake Drugs/Marquee Moon

So this is something that I've been wondering about for awhile. Beginning at about the 7:20 mark in the title track from Televison's Marquee Moon there's this little build-up that sounds very similar to a section Nels' plays on a live version Handshake Drugs I've heard (It might be from KT or Ashes). Just thought I'd throw it out there and see if anyone else noticed the same thing. Seems like a nice little homage and fitting, as I believe Jeff got a guitar lesson from Richard Lloyd around the time work was being done for A Ghost Is Born and I think its definitely evident in his playing on that record (and the way Handshake Drugs is played live is very Television-y, no?). :guitar

This is probably too obvious of a thing to say, but Impossible Germany always reminded me of Marquee Moon.

I've always thought the same.

While we're on the subject, check out the similarity between the Replacements' cover of Rock Around The Clock from their Stink re-issue to Dreamer In My Dreams. Made me wonder if Tweedy & Co. had heard that cover before.

I'm going to listen for that today, Alex Etc.

Edited by Lukestar