2011 Concert year in review!

Top Show from over 30 seen was Wilco at Citi Wang After that many of my very favorite Bands from Childhood

I'de always wanted to see..

Followed in the top 10 by yes ;

The Pouges Possible Farewell 2 Nights at House of Blues

Bob Seger at The Garden

Bob Dylan at House of Blues

Paul Simon at House of Blues

Neil Young at Citi Wang

Steve Earle opens for Tedeschi Trucks Steve was Great! T&T Good*

Dropkick Murphys Invite only show at Paradise*

Grace Potter at House of Blues*

*exceptions to bands of my childhood

Also were Very Good But for me not Great this time

Drive By Tuckers HOB, Furthur in NH GPN in Bank America Pavilion, Robert Plant at House of Blues

Also the ROOTS however it was at a new venue Showcase Live yep they blew the curfew!!

DKM & MMB Fenway Ricky Scaggs & Boston Pops & last but going again George Clinton

#1 Jeff Mangum in Toronto. I wrote about my experience somewhere on this site, but lets just say I still have goosebumps thinking about that night. Seeing him next month in Chicago will be my #1 show of 2012 as well.

Honorable mention:

Andrew Bird at MCA with Ian Schneller's amazing speakers. Small and intimate yet big sound with about 75 speakers and the high ceilings of the MCA atrium

Mavis set at Hideout Block Party. Her last show for awhile and she had the place on fire

Head and the Heart at Hideout. It was my third time seeing them over the summer, the first 2 almost by accident as the opener for Iron and Wine and Decemberists. I got the feel this band was already too big for the venue

Arcade Fire at UIC pavillion. I just love The Suburbs and feel every tour they do where new music is added is better than the one before.

Tuneyards set at Pitchfork: Just an amazing performance that won me over as a Merrill fan for life. She is so talented that I am in for anything she does in the future

Wilco Riv: After the personally terribly disappointing Madison show, my faith was restored and my love renewed.

Yo La Tengo at Green Music Fest in Wicker Park: Seeing them for $5 where my dog usually chases a ball was almost as awesome for me as for the alderman who introduced them.