Pat Sansone taking part in Big Star Third tribute

Multi-instrumentalist Pat Sansone will perform alongside Peter Buck and Mike Mills of R.E.M. during a rendition of Big Star's 1974 album Third (Sister Lovers). The event occurs tomorrow during this year's South by Southwest and features a stellar line-up of musicians.

For more details, visit Big Star Third's website at www.bigstarthird.com or read this brief article at Spinner: http://www.spinner.c...tar-third-sxsw/

bigstar_third_poster.jpg

The event occurs tomorrow during this year's South by Southwest and features a stellar line-up of musicians.

no kidding...

The lineup now includes the Replacements' and Guns N Roses' Tommy Stinson, M. Ward, Wilco's Pat Sansone, Lucero, Peter Case, the Dunwells, Star and Micey, Big Star's Jody Stephens, Lost in the Trees' Ari Picker, as well as R.E.M.'s Mike Mills and Peter Buck.

Rounding out the line up will be Chris Stamey, Mitch Easter, the Posies' Ken Stringfellow and Jon Auer, Tosca String Quartet, Brett Harris, Evan Way and the Parson Redheads, Matt McMichaels, Fan Modine, and Skylar Gudasz.

I read the title and got excited to see him at an anniversary party for the local taco joint.

He'd probably play that, too, considering I've seen him there on more than a few occasions... :yes

As for the Big Star Third tribute, I have to think he's going to be doing You Can't Have Me. Wish I could be there. Awesome show, though I wonder how much of a shitshow it's going to be at SXSW (probably a big one).