Volunteering at Music Festivals... anyone had experience?

Happy Friday the 13th to all you fine music lovers!

So I am volunteering at the Winnipeg Folks Festival this year for the whole weekend, working in the merch tent.

Just wondering if anyone else here has experience working at large festivals. What was your experience like, would you do it again, what are some things to watch out for etc....

I am really pumped! It will be pretty sweet to be a part of such an amazing Festival. I have always had a great experience there.

My wife volunteer for Lollapalooza back in 2005 - she enjoyed herself. For a few hours each day she stood in the middle of the park with a giant balloon that was stuck on a 15 foot pole that had INFORMATION on it. The rest of the day was spent enjoying the shows, of course she was enjoying the shows while holding the balloon, too. She had fun answering some of the interesting questions that were asked, such as where to find acid and such.

Good way to get in free, help out a bit, then enjoy the day. I think she had to write an essay in order to get picked to volunteer.