so...i fully expect to have stones thrown at me for this post, but i've been streaming this from NPR for the past few days, and i can't get enough of it. i think it is really good, and it definitely doesn't sound like the typical norah jones i've ever heard (not that there is anything wrong with that sound, necessarily).

it has a definite "indie" sound to it, and i'll be interested to see how the general public take to it because of this. out this tues (streaming now), if anyone is interested.

I listened to the stream last night while working late, not expecting much, but I enjoyed it so much I played it again. Very surprising, because I usually find her stuff a real snoozefest. I highly recommend giving it a try, even if you don't think you'll like it.

..not expecting much, but I enjoyed it so much I played it again. Very surprising, because I usually find her stuff a real snoozefest. I highly recommend giving it a try, even if you don't think you'll like it.

my sentiment exactly! glad to hear some of you are giving it a shot and liking it. i'm wearing it out.

I listened to the stream last night while working late, not expecting much, but I enjoyed it so much I played it again. Very surprising, because I usually find her stuff a real snoozefest. I highly recommend giving it a try, even if you don't think you'll like it.

Hi Diane! long time no see!

I didn't listen to her solo stuff for a long time because I'm not usually into that soft jazzy stuff, but hearing a live performance of hers from farm aid a couple of years ago changed my impression of her. The Fall was a different kind of album from her early output.