If you pass through Sarasota on your way to Florida shows next week...

There is this great little cheese shop there.

(from the Sarasota Herald Tribune http://www.heraldtri...hest-businesses)

Artisan Cheese Co., 1310 Main St., Sarasota. Opened by Parker and Louise Converse, the shop offers a large variety of hand-cut-to-order artisanal and farmhouse cheeses. Specialty pantry items include charcuterie, honeys, jams, chocolates, and chutneys that the Converses have sourced from small-batch artisans. The couple have added their signature Mac & Cheese and a grilled cheese sandwich to the daily blackboard specials, which include cheese plates for one and two, and a breakfast cheese plate -- usually a chevre served with bread and jam and a piece of fruit. Hours are 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Saturday. 951-7860.

The owners assured me they will do a special Wilco-themed grilled cheese sandwich that week, called "Cheesus, etc." perhaps featuring some artisan (you can rely on me) honey. They will play Wilco in their shop all week too.

(Ok. Full disclosure: Louise is my sister; and yes, Parker is related to the sneaker.)

The owners assured me they will do a special Wilco-themed grilled cheese sandwich that week, called "Cheesus, etc." perhaps featuring some artisan (you can rely on me) honey.

Wonderfully clever! Although those Florida shows are not in my future, I might keep this place in mind. Last winter my family spent the holidays in Florida and hope to do so again this winter or next. Sarasota isn't too far from where we stay.

Ok, so Wilco Day at the Florida cheese shop will be Monday, of course. (As portended by a Wilco song that mentions, Monday and FLA.)

The grilled "Cheesus, etc" sandwich will feature a pimiento cheese -- a little bit spicy, in honor of the hot sextet.

I'm putting together a Wilco playlist for the store. (I live in Ireland, and I miss my sister and this is how we bond. I'm helping out at the shop without Being There.) Very open to suggestions for the playlist!

Speaking of grilled Cheesus, I was reminded of the Virgin Mary apparition on the 10 year old grilled cheese sandwich that was sold on eBay for 28,000 dollars. (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/4034787.stm)

_40534689_toastie-afp203.jpg

I would totally pay at least 28 dollars for a grilled cheese on which Jeff Tweedy's likeness appeared.

Thanks for the laughs, Chinese Apple. Your screen name made me want to hear your song, too, so here's some woodland animals who would approve of your sister's vegetarian sandwich. Wish I was heading that way!