The Zombies - Live: would you go?

So, The Zombies are playing a show near me at the end of July.

Question is: is it worth it to go? Normally I am not one for nostalgia shows, especially from the Baby Boomer generation (my parents' generation).

But this is The Zombies!

Not sure how much tickets are (which will be a factor), but...

Anyone seen 'em recently? Is it just Blunstone and Argent with young ringers, or is it the band?

Worth it?

Would you go?

seeing dinorsaur bands (my generation) is a fun experience I suppose. I occasionally get dragged to one of these shows by my older (same age) friends and these shows are somewhat disconcerting to me.

Who is in the band? Looks like the configuration you think it is. At this stage there are very few dinosaur bands that have the original members intact. I assume you are looking at the Oshkosh show?

Looks like they have a new album out (ugh) but I am sure they will do all the hits just like you (don't) remember them.And they will probably sound better than they sounded on record because by now everyone knows the licks.

LouieB

Not in Oshkosh, in Vernon Hills, IL. But I am seriously considering this. More and more.

It will probably depend upon ticket price.

(And, I'm surprised that they're not playing Ravinia.)

Not trying to state the obvious but their website seems quite comprehensive. Under 'biography', there is info about the touring band. Just in case you haven't checked it out, you might find it helpful.

http://thezombies.net/ I am like you, going would depend on the ticket price.

Saw them perform Odessey & Oracle on TV a few years back, was quite good.

Actually this time I noticed they were playing the Mayne Stage in Rogers Park not far from me. Good club, but tends to have more pricey tickets. (Still don't see Vernon Hills on their site but do see Lincclnshire.) I would think it would be a reasonably good show.

LouieB

Saw them perform Odessey & Oracle on TV a few years back, was quite good.

I saw them on this tour too and really liked it. I'd be a lot happier if Chris White was still touring in that incarnation with Blunstone and Argent, but it's a pretty good show.

--Mike

Saw them back when they did the Underground Garage tour about 6 years ago. They were great then. They did an awesome cover of Summertime (in honor of Porgy&Bess's connection to Charleston.) Got Argent's Hold Your Head High, too.They were out in the local dive bar after the show hanging out with everyone. 6 years is a long time when you start getting up to their ages, though.