Patti Smith - Banga

Patti Smith's Banga drops today! I'm a couple of songs in and I'm digging it so far. Heard the "April Fool" single awhile back and it got me really excited for this record (it doesn't hurt that Tom Verlaine lays down some delicious guitar lines on that track in particular). Anybody else plan on picking this up?

A couple weeks back I was immersed in all things Patti Smith. I read Just Kids, which I thought was very beautiful, and a few days later I watched Dream of Life, the documentary that follows her life over the course of 11 years. I've never listened to her music but I find her work to be utterly compelling. I should check out the new one!

I, too, was turned on to Patti Smith after reading Just Kids. I considered Trampin' to be her best album of the past 2 decades but Banga has just taken that title! Patti Smith may not be up everyone's alley but for those of you who dig poetry, you'll def. love Banga.

Having bought every other Patti Smith album I guess I will get this one at some point. Just Kids is a really great book, but then again it is a really compelling story.

LouieB

Having bought every other Patti Smith album I guess I will get this one at some point. Just Kids is a really great book, but then again it is a really compelling story.

LouieB

Best Buy has the deluxe edition for $19.99. I'm not really into buying deluxe editions and would have passed it up had I not noticed that it is an actual book! It's a really cool package that feautres some amazing photos and a detailed summary of the album in Patti's own words. Plus, it's always nice to have her lyrics close by. I wonder why Patti never includes lyrics with her albums?