Lounge Ax Retrospective

Thought this deserved a posting. Wilco is overseas Aug 10/11.

from chicagotribune.com:

"

Greg Kot

Music critic

11:35 a.m. CDT, June 13, 2012

Lounge Ax, the late, great Lincoln Avenue rock club that hosted countless indie-rock stalwarts during the '90s before its demise in 2000, will throw a retrospective party Aug. 10-11 that will reunite some of the regulars, personalities and bands who made the venue such a key part of the decade's music scene.

The co-owners of the club, Sue Miller Tweedy and Julia Adams, will host the Lounge Ax Retrospective at saki, 3716 W. Fullerton, a Logan Square record store, gallery and performance space. They'll pack it with memorabilia including posters and some of the countless photo-booth snapshots of rock bands that played the club during its heyday, including Pavement, Wilco, Shellac, Tortoise, Smog, the Sea & Cake and Yo La Tengo. A party is planned at 7 p.m. Aug. 10 and several bands will perform at 4 p.m. Aug. 11.

Both are free, all-ages events. More details on which bands will be playing will be available in a few weeks."

I got an invitation for that, but I later got a cancellation for it. It's not actually cancelled, but they are "revising some details" so I'm not so sure that the dates and times are totally accurate.