Wilco - new Tour in SPAIN October 2012

So excited to know that Wilco will be back in Spain next October, and more excited to have just got my tickets for their show at the Liceu in Barcelona!!!! The most amazing seated venue (an impressive opera hall by the Ramblas in the city center). I assume the rest of the dates are also seated venues...

Dates are:

14 Oct 2012 / Bilbao, Spain / Palacio Euskalduna

15 Oct 2012 / Barcelona, Spain / Liceu

16 Oct 2012 / Madrid, Spain / Palacio Vistalegre

18 Oct 2012 / Sevilla, Spain / Auditorio Rocio Jurado

Thanks WILCO!!!!!!!!!

I'm really excited to see Wilco again! I need them too much.

I read about the concert in Madrid, that they would do a different kind of concert! anybody knows how it'd be?

Barcelona and Bilbao are with seats only, but Madrid will have standing area(40 euros, even cheaper than last year!!)

Yesterday's excitement about seeing the band live again covered the harsh reality of those prices... With what's going on in this country now I really don't know how many fans will be able to afford the tickets! I just checked for Liceu and obviously the ones being sold most are the seats on the top side balconies at 38 euro (also cheaper than last years prices at Palau de la Musica). And in Barcelona's case this time, I think the prices have to do with the chosen venue.

As you can imagine there are still plenty at 85 & 125 euros... So dear Wilco, make it a long and unforgettable concert, please!!!!

Tickets on sale here:

http://www.ticketmaster.es/apl/busqueda/servlets/buscar?loce=es-home-buscador&q=wilco&t=advanced

The top range of tickets are on par with the average cost of tickets to Paul Simon and Bruce Springsteen. (Or, ahem, Lady Gaga and Madonna.)

In a way, I sort of think it is clever to make people who still can afford it pay top dollar to "subsidise" the show for the rest of the audience (who have to sit further back, but still get to have Wilco in their town.)

Just hope no one rushes the stage. That would suck for people who bought the expensive tickets.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow. I´m from Murcia, I´m a super Wilco fan and I work at the University! Friends keep asking me if I´ve had something to do with it hahaha

Besides, tickets for this event will be cheaper collecting caps of the sponsoring local beer brand (details coming soon)

Maybe not the best event for a band like Wilco, but anyway, I´ll be in the fornt row! :rock

I´m from Murcia too, and at the beginning i didn´t give it any credit (as it was taken for granted that Wilco was going to play at the Victor Villegas in 2009, and finally they didn´t). To be honest, I´m a little scared of the audience behaviour in the gig.

Anyway, i have a ticket for the Madrid show. Lucky enough to be able to attend two Wilco shows in a week.

To be honest, I´m a little scared of the audience behaviour in the gig

Me too, a lot of drunk students, not the best audience :upset I don´t know what were they thinking of (the managers of this event, not Wilco). I hope real fans or just older people who like music show up

I´ll be attending the Madrid show too hahahaha, I already had the tickets... geeks

• 2 weeks later...

Hola!

I still got a few days of holidays in October so I decided yesterday to extend my Wilco tour in Spain... So, besides Barcelona, I'll try to make it to Madrid and Sevilla!! I also decided against Murcia's show for the same fears of the audience not being too supportive to Wilco's music! ;o) I hope we are all wrong and you also have a fab time in Murcia! So see you maybe in Madrid?

Hola!

I still got a few days of holidays in October so I decided yesterday to extend my Wilco tour in Spain... So, besides Barcelona, I'll try to make it to Madrid and Sevilla!! I also decided against Murcia's show for the same fears of the audience not being too supportive to Wilco's music! ;o) I hope we are all wrong and you also have a fab time in Murcia! So see you maybe in Madrid?

Of course! It will be my 5th Wilco show in the city i live in, Madrid.

• 1 month later...

As a 16 year Wilco concert vet, I'm finally realizing my dream of seeing them in Spain. Big problem: I can't figure out how to get my ticket. Tony Margharita management directed me to Ticketmaster Spain on the web. It won't complete the purchase & they kind of said good luck.

Can anyone help, please?I've already bought my plane ticket and need to see Barcelona & Hopefully Bilbao & maybe Madrid. I'd prefer to have Barcelona before I get on the Trans-Atlantic flight haha! Thanks in advance for any help Anyone can give!!

I know this is kind of obvious but, have you tried to phone ticketmaster/Liceu?

http://www.liceubarcelona.cat/temporada-2012-2013/altres-espectacles/wilco.html

or write them,

Para cualquier duda, consulta o información acerca de esta Política de Privacidad o del proceso de compra, sugerencia o reclamación, puedes contactar a través del espacio que ponemos a tu disposición aquí, o bien a través de correo electrónico a la dirección legal@ticketmaster.es

?

Holydays + Wilco tour = :dancing

... but you are going to miss the best bullfighters ever!

as for Madrid, last time was so great I can´t wait! PM if u want

I would be very disappointed if any Wilco band member would attend a bullfighting (criminal) show. Wilco loves nature, I think, not death. I'm Spaniard, by the way. Bullfighting must be banned!

I would be very disappointed if any Wilco band member would attend a bullfighting (criminal) show. Wilco loves nature, I think, not death. I'm Spaniard, by the way. Bullfighting must be banned!

Exactly! That´s what I meant, concerts are the best use of this bullfighting ring!

I have "Wishful Thinking" on continuous repeat in lieu of a decade of Hail Marys. "Fill up your mind with all it can know, don't forget that your body will let it all go..." Hope my body will let it all go, and that I will be able to live in the moment of the concert when it happens, and the rest of the world will melt away for those two magical hours.

Will it all be okay?

Out of all the memorable lines that Jeff Tweedy has penned, I think this is my favorite. It's so relevant to how I relate to the experiences that life has to offer, and especially to music, and more specifically live music, and even more specifically, to a Wilco concert. I LIVE for those precious hours when I'm just swept up in the moment and overwhelmed with the magnificence of it all. (Please forgive the gushing--I just saw my last Wilco shows of the year in Berkeley and am still kind of floating.)

So the short answer is, yes, it will be okay for at least those few hours, and why should you think of denying yourself these little jolts of bliss? Among all the rest of the great songs, they'll almost certainly do Art of Almost, and if your heart doesn't practically burst out of your chest at that one, you're not human!!

The riots in Madrid earlier this week, and today flash floods in Murcia -- only two weeks till Wilco land in Spain. The airline I bought my ticket on (AerLingus) is threatening to go on strike.

Is the media frenzy in this election year adding fuel to my personal fears about the economy and global climate change, or am I being paranoid?

Will the stars align? Will I be like Mr. Magoo and have the anvil and piano drop right before and after I pass, and a man in a hardhat pop out of the open manhole just as I am about to step into it?

The riots in Madrid earlier this week, and today flash floods in Murcia -- only two weeks till Wilco land in Spain. The airline I bought my ticket on (AerLingus) is threatening to go on strike.

Is the media frenzy in this election year adding fuel to my personal fears about the economy and global climate change, or am I being paranoid?

Flash floods are very common in Iberia at the beginning of the fall, especially all around the eastern part of Spain. It's almost as predictable as monsoons in Asia.

As for riots...who knows. The overall sensation here (in Spain) is one of absolute bankrupt, and not only in money terms.

I love the poster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looking forward to the shows, in spite of the situation in our country. The stars will align and for a few hours we'll all forget about the rest and will just enjoy with our favourite music!!

Spain’s public radio wants Wilco drop visit to cabin

Spain’s Radio 3 has launched a Twitter campaign to have Wilco pay a visit to their studios.

Participating listeners will have the chance to win tickets to Wilco concerts and will be invited to the cabin on the day of the broadcast.

Mr. Ángel Carmona, host of Hoy empieza todo launched the campaign in a blog post dated October 8th:

“We have always been Wilco (fans) a passion that’s shared by friends of Hoy empieza todo. That’s why we propose a challenge: bring Wilco (to the radio studios)”.

The station is asking listeners to write tweets to both Wilco (@wilco) and Radio 3 (@radio3_rne) employing a different hashtag everyday.

For instance, on the first day of the campaign , #goodmorningjeff was selected, and the idea is to employ a different hashtag every day.