"Secret" Autumn Defense gig in Manhattan after Wilco 7-24-12 (Tu) Brooklyn Prospect Park Show

The Autumn Defense are playing after the Prospect Park show tonight (last night it got over around 10:30)...link to buy tickets below...think it was $25 & about 1/2 sold out when I got mine at about 1:00 p.m. this afternoon...this 3 day NYC stand is starting to feel like a cross between Solid Sound & Pepperland!!

The McKittrick Hotel proudly presents

AUTUMN DEFENSE

Secret Late Night Gig

Tuesday, July 24 at 11:45PM

at Manderley Bar

at The McKittrick Hotel

532 West 27th Street

New York, NY 10001

All guests must be at least 21 years of age.

By day John Stirratt and Patrick Sansone sell thousands of albums, tour the world with indie juggernaut Wilco and lend their writing, playing and producing abilities to dozens of high-profile recordings. But by night these renowned pros are able to sit down, relax and create something special that comes straight from the heart of why they pursued music as a career - and that’s the Autumn Defense.

A ticket for Autumn Defense does not include Sleep No More.

https://web.ovationtix.com/trs/pe/9702647

Thanks to bbop for the thread in "After The Show" that filled in details I couldn't recall!

Fun groovy little surprise/secret gig in a great small setting...mostly four piece with John S. on acoustic guitar, & Pat S. on acoustic guitar & piano with a bass player & drummer (Greg Wieczorek on drums and James Haggerty on bass .)...nearer to the end, Pat S. switched to electric guitar & did a few songs there...the harmonies between John & Pat were an absolute highlight...as was the surprise encore covers of "Sentimental Lady" by Fleetwood Mac/Bob Welch & better yet, "You Can't Have Me" by Big Star, which was truly amazing!! And Nels Cline was there, with wife Yuka Honda (of tonight's opening act Cibo Matto)- when Pat was asking if the piano was loud enough...Nels quickly yelled "no" & had his band brother's back, until it was right & got his OK. Nice.

These aren't in order, but here's some of the songs I'm pretty sure they played...but it's been a long week with lots of driving & I'm only recently (this last year) more familiar with their material, so some of these I'm 100% on, & some are ones I'm pretty sure they did (I'll try & note the unsure ones)...Looking forward to catching them again someday...hopefully, at least, at Solid Sound 2013 (I'll be there for sure, hope they are too!)

Here's the setlist from the other thread...

Silence

Huntington Fair

Back Of My Mind

Written In The Snow

The Answer

Simple Explanation

The Swallows Of London Town

Feel You Now

Spend Your Life

Tuesday Morning

Everyday

We Would Never Die