Toad The Wet Sprocket appreciation thread

Toad the Wet Sprocket were one of the earlier bands I liked as a kid. I bought the All I want cassett single at the local record shop and it clicked with me. When they toured in my area when I was 16 I begged my parents to take me to see them in concert. Me and two of my friends saw them at Drew University in NJ. It was one of my first live shows without the parents. While my friends and I were walking around the campus we ran into Glen Phillips and Randy Guss. Both were extremley friendly and were happy to chat with fans. Something about that night clicked with me. The show was great! Met the rest of the band and still think about that night.

Over the years my interest in the band grew. Everyone one of their albums is soild. They just have a great knack for writting pop songs. When Toad "broke" up and Glen went on solo tours I would always catch him in NYC when he swung through. Every single time I saw him he was willing and able to chat with a fan. I spoke with him probably 10 times or so over the years. He also has taken and played most of my request over the years :guitar . In addition to being a nice dude he also personally answers emails. I just sent him an email yesterday as I found out they are playing Fear and Dulcinea in their entirety in San Fran in Nov. Asked if there would be some more dates and he wrote back less then an hour later (no such luck those are the only dates for now)!

I am not really sure where I am going with this but just wanted to say I appreciate their catelog...

With that note here is my Toad top 10..not in order!

1. In My Ear

2. Is it for Me?

3. One Wind Blows

4. All Things in Time

5. All in All

6. Little Heaven

7. All I Want

8. Corporal Brown

9. Chile

10. Nothing is Alone

I just downloaded their remake album of some of their better known songs "All You Want". Like them all. They played two new ones on Sunday that sounded like they haven't missed a beat in 17 years. I would like to see the Gin Blossoms as well. Very similar in style. Missed them in August at Infinity Hall. On vacation.

http://www.amazon.com/All-You-Want-Toad-Sprocket/dp/B00526W4MY/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1350688041&sr=8-4&keywords=toad+the+wet+sprocket

I have never seen the band live but I did see Glen on the Mutual Admiration Society tour with Nickel Creek and John Paul Jones. It was a great show. Glen definitely is one of my favorite voices. I have "Good Intentions" on my happy day playlist that I frequently listen to in the car with my daughters. "Fly from Heaven" and "Crowing" are probably my two favorites.