Hendrix vs. Lloyd (I got the story first)

I got this story first, back in 1993, when I was in college and interviewed Richard for the Carbondale Nightlife. But I never got the WHOLE story until a couple of years ago. It's a good one.

Here it is.

http://www.guitarworld.com/richard-lloyd-scuse-me-while-i-hit-guy

Thanks for posting that article.

I saw Richard Lloyd twice on that tour (I think I posted an "after the show" review). It was plainly evident that he has some sort of psycological damage, but his playing was amazing beyond comprehension. The sounds he got out of just a guitar and an amp, no effects other than a whammy bar...it still doesn't make sense to me. It was great to see Billy Ficca in his band. I got to talk to Billy after the show. Super nice guy.

I may have mentioned this before around here but years ago my friend's brother took some guitar lessons from Richard Lloyd. Despite my love of Television, I somehow heard this as Christopher Lloyd. For several months I went around thinking that it was cool that the guy from Taxi and the Back to the Future movies also gave guitar lessons.

Didn't Jeff's wife get him a lesson with Lloyd as a present?

Yes. Lloyd refuses to say what he taught him, since it was a "private" lesson. However, I read something about that somewhere, and I can't remember if it was Tweedy or Lloyd saying this, but whoever it was said that what Tweedy learned was how to never play a wrong note again. Not sure how that's possible, but I wasn't there, so what do I know?