Billy Bragg - New Album

• 1 month later...

Billy is playing where I live next month. This is the press release:

The British are coming. Billy Bragg’s driven blend of punk and folk rock has had audiences hanging onto his every word for decades. Even since his street-performing days in London, Bragg has been a powerful force both musically and politically. Though Bragg’s songs have often been active participants in the politics of his native England and globally, all of this is driven by his creative urges.

“My theory is this: I’m not a political songwriter. I’m an honest songwriter. I try and write honestly about what I see around me now,” Bragg told Lip Magazine.

Familiar tunes to a Bragg fan of any age would include the soothing “California Stars,” Bragg’s worldwide acclaim has come through the fever of hard work that has defined his career, from his “Between the Wars” EP’s appearance on the UK Singles Chart to collaborations with Less Than Jake. His latest album, “Tooth and Nail,” is his first in five years and was recorded in only five days. The album has been praised by many critics for its authentic, easy style