Robyn Hitchcock - Love from London

"I could be Bryan Ferry, but I'm not.  It's me again .... "  

Gotta love Robyn Hitchcock  :lol  Never a dull moment. 

Can't wait for him to tour again, hope he visits The Ark at Ann Arbor or Evanston's Space, or the Old Town School of Folk, etc.

Can't wait for him to tour again, hope he visits The Ark at Ann Arbor or Evanston's Space, or the Old Town School of Folk, etc.

He was just at the OTS in October.  But he may well come back. He seems to play Chicago about once a year.

LouieB

He definitely tours a lot -- I think the last time I saw him was with Joe Boyd at the Old Town doing this kind of thing (link below).  Couldn't get enough, so I stayed for the second show which promised (and delivered) all different songs and stories.  Amazing.  Maybe you were there ? (memory fails me).

http://www.npr.org/event/music/137702245/joe-boyd-and-robyn-hitchcock-tiny-desk-concert

I was actually.  That was an interesting show, but he is better doing is own songs, with or without a band.  I nearly went to the one in October, but just didn't get my butt out o fthe house for the second "requests" show.  He is definitely one one of the funniest performers ever.

LouieB

just saw that the support for the Boston show is The Peter Buck.

here are the other dates:

Jun 4, 2013 – The Neptune, Seattle. 100% Headline/ Robyn Hitchcock & The Venus 3 with Peter Buck opening.

Jun 3, 2013 – Doug Fir, Portland. 100% Headline/ Robyn Hitchcock & The Venus 3 with Peter Buck opening.

May 2, 2013 – The Fillmore, San Francisco.  60th birthday tribute show hosted by Colin Meloy, details to follow.

April 30 2013 – The Troubador, Los Angeles. 100% Headline/ Robyn Hitchcock & The Venus 3 with Peter Buck opening. Buy tickets here.

April 27, 2013 – 9.30 Club, Washington DC. 100% Headline/ Robyn Hitchcock & The Venus 3 with Peter Buck opening.

April 26, 2013 – Webster Hall, New York. 100% Headline/ Robyn Hitchcock & The Venus 3 with Peter Buck opening. Buy tickets here.

For anyone living in Spain there's going to be a 4-city tour in June.

Even though the Venus 3 does not play in Love from London, it's going to be the live band for that album's tour.

• 2 weeks later...

Not bad, although I preferred Tromso Kaptein, I think it's the better and rockier album, but not bad.

Biggest omission from the album is "There goes the ice", my only complaint as now I must find that Record Store Day EP which is said to contain the song, overall not other complaints. :) I just don't see the logic of leaving the song out of the record since it fits within the message and the spirit of Love from London, would have made a great single. End of Times is ok.