R.I.P. Scott Miller Of Game Theory & The Loud Family (link to official free downloads)

"Scott Warren Miller
1960-2013

I wish it weren't true, but as much as it pains me to write these words, Scott passed away on April 15, 2013. He was a wonderful, loyal friend as well as a brilliant musician, and I will miss him for the rest of my life.

Scott had been planning to start recording a new Game Theory album, Supercalifragile, this summer, and was looking forward to getting back into the studio and reuniting with some of his former collaborators.

If listening to Scott's own music is too painful for you right now, as it is for me, I can tell you that he absolutely loved David Bowie's new album, The Next Day. He found Bowie's late-career resurgence to be hugely inspirational. I'm sure that if there had been a 2013 chapter of Music: What Happened?, one of the songs from that album would have been right at the top.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0yatztsz20d715r/ECI5ADZYib
Download Game Theory Albums:
I have made Distortion of Glory, Real Nighttime, The Big Shot Chronicles, Lolita Nation, 2 Steps From the Middle Ages and Tinker to Evers to Chance available for FREE d
ownload at Dropbox.com. If you have any problems downloading them, please contact me at info125 (at) 125records.com.
I've upgraded our account, but if the traffic gets too heavy, the files may be temporarily inaccessible. My main goal is to prevent people from trying to capitalize by selling these long out of print albums for lots of money. I want everybody who would like to hear these albums to be able to do so without paying outrageous prices.
Most of the Loud Family catalog can be streamed free of charge on Spotify and other streaming music services."—Sue Trowbridge, LoudFamily.com webmaster, 1995-present... http://www.loudfamily.com/
"

This is from a new chapter of Scott's book "Music: What Happened?"
" In this book, Miller writes about each of the past 53 years in popular music-1957-2009- via countdown song lists, blending the perspectives of a serious musician, a thoughtful critic, and an all-devouring music fan. Miller not only tells you why he loves particular songs, but also what was going on in the musical world in which they competed to be heard."- After that his official website made addendum chapters on the years up to 2011 available...here's a Wilco entry from the most recent chapter...

“Born Alone” by Wilco
This is a curious set of lyrics. It gives the impression of being non-sequiturs used to fill
out what might have been their best melody ever and then just left there for the heck of it
rather than teased into making sense. What’s left in the apparent inchoate state seems to
shake out as a meditation on ultimate concerns. It doesn’t sound like it’s striving toward
religion but lo and behold, there are “gospel” and “divine” and “mine eyes” a couple of
times, where originally what mine eyes have seen was the coming of the Lord. Besides the
title line, “I was born to die alone,” I like the phrase, “Subtract the silence of myself ”; I
wouldn’t go so far as to say they clarify the point, but maybe it’s kind of like: how do you
become alone when you die if you’re subtracting the experience of aloneness?

Here's his list of his favorite albums from 1965-1999:
http://www.loudfamily.com/scottlist.html