Chicago Magazine July 2013 interview

the private show in Winnetka, one of the fans asks Tweedy to play a new Wilco song. He refuses. “They are all placeholder lyrics,” he tells the crowd, “like ‘Satan riding horses in the fog.’ ”

Everyone laughs. But another fan presses him further, saying he read an interview on an Australian music site in which Tweedy said the next album may be “more fucked-up sounding than the last few.”

“I said that? You know, people ask you questions all the time that you can’t answer. Like, ‘What’s the next record going to sound like?’ If I could say what the next record is going to sound like, there would be no point in making a next record.”

Satan Riding Horses In The Fog.  Hmm, sounds like a good title for the next Wilco record.  Either that, or Get Well, Everybody

Speaking of the next record, I would imagine it would be f'ed up, like full of holes with Courtney Love

But enough silliness.  I'm not quite sure why people are griping about people requesting Jeff play obscure requests.  If he does play something that I requested specifically, then it's a great experience.  If he doesn't play it, fine, being a part of an experience like the living room show, I would imagine, would be an awesome experience.  from people who have attended these living room shows personally, it sounds pretty damn cool.  I could never afford to attend those shows, but I'm happy for those who have had such an experience.  Plus, it's done for a good cause.  Really, folks are going to gripe about people helping kids in need, that's really sad.  If people put in that much money for these experiences, then that seems like the perfect opportunity to go out on a limb and request something crazy, like 'Let's Hear It For Rock & Roll'.  It probably wouldn't get played, but it would get a good laugh, or more likely an awkward stifiling attempt at a polite chuckle, and stir up some sort of interesting conversation.  I don't understand why people have to get down on other peoples' happiness.  Yes, music is awesome and it does connect folks, but it's also just music.  The real experience is the connection between folks over shared experience.  Some folks just need to get the stick out of their ass and find what makes them truly happy, besides griping and being snippy.  Sorry for being on a soapbox.  The snippiness I've read here just made me grumpy.  

the private show in Winnetka, one of the fans asks Tweedy to play a new Wilco song. He refuses. “They are all placeholder lyrics,” he tells the crowd, “like ‘Satan riding horses in the fog.’ ”

Everyone laughs. But another fan presses him further, saying he read an interview on an Australian music site in which Tweedy said the next album may be “more fucked-up sounding than the last few.”

“I said that? You know, people ask you questions all the time that you can’t answer. Like, ‘What’s the next record going to sound like?’ If I could say what the next record is going to sound like, there would be no point in making a next record.”

Satan Riding Horses In The Fog.  Hmm, sounds like a good title for the next Wilco record.  Either that, or Get Well, Everybody

Speaking of the next record, I would imagine it would be f'ed up, like full of holes with Courtney Love

But enough silliness.  I'm not quite sure why people are griping about people requesting Jeff play obscure requests.  If he does play something that I requested specifically, then it's a great experience.  If he doesn't play it, fine, being a part of an experience like the living room show, I would imagine, would be an awesome experience.  from people who have attended these living room shows personally, it sounds pretty damn cool.  I could never afford to attend those shows, but I'm happy for those who have had such an experience.  Plus, it's done for a good cause.  Really, folks are going to gripe about people helping kids in need, that's really sad.  If people put in that much money for these experiences, then that seems like the perfect opportunity to go out on a limb and request something crazy, like 'Let's Hear It For Rock & Roll'.  It probably wouldn't get played, but it would get a good laugh, or more likely an awkward stifiling attempt at a polite chuckle, and stir up some sort of interesting conversation.  I don't understand why people have to get down on other peoples' happiness.  Yes, music is awesome and it does connect folks, but it's also just music.  The real experience is the connection between folks over shared experience.  Some folks just need to get the stick out of their ass and find what makes them truly happy, besides griping and being snippy.  Sorry for being on a soapbox.  The snippiness I've read here just made me grumpy.  

Fuck yeah! Tell it!  :cheers