Is Jeff the first musician to do this? My buddy who is the drummer for Clap Your Hands Say Yeah just told me that the lead singer, Alec, is doing the same thing this winter. I don't think his are for charity the way Jeff's are, but I'm wondering if he stole Jeff's great idea with these intimate shows?

Nah, he didn't steal the idea! A lot of musicians do living room show tours for a living. I immediately thought of the musicians at Undertow, and sure enough, there is your buddy listed. I have seen David Bazan in a LR show, and twice I had tix for Will Johnson and both times could not make the trip. Someday!

I love small shows, and nothing beats a house show!

But it would be really awesome if more high-profile musicians did it for charity like Jeff has done. Jeff and Susan have been so kind to do it for the Chicago charity for a decade or so, but this year, with free time at a minimum, he is doing one small show at Second City (along with some comedy) this coming Monday, a few tix still available here.