Tweedy - 10/2/2014 Grand Rapids, MI

I first saw Wilco last year at Americanarama in Chicago. Was blown away. Solidfied my admiration for Jeff and the band's music even further. Seeing Impossible Germany, Unlikely Japan performed was momentous.

Last night was my next encounter from 8th row and they did not disappoint. Hopefully someone will post the setlist soon. The Sukierae cuts were great. Diamond Light had my buddy and I believing that, if we closed our eyes, we might be in Pompeii. Speaking of, I did not realize Nick Mason hopped in a time machine in Pompeii and transported to present day to be a Tweedy guitar tech. Must be plenty of apple pies, no crusts back stage.

I digress, but while I do, I must say Spencer looks like someone morphed Charlie Watts and Topher Grace's Eric Forman and out came a exemplary drummer. When I was 18, I didn't even have a paper route. What a talent.

I could go on. What a great show. As someone who came to Dylan far too late, I feel like I've found my musical concert calling for the next many, many years. Great show, great banter, great music. Look forward to more on down the line.

Tweedy

October 2, 2014

Grand Rapids, MI | Calvin College

01 - Nobody Dies Anymore

02 - Flowering

03 - Summer Noon

04 - World Away

05 - New Moon

06 - Honey Combed

07 - Desert Bell

08 - Why Why Why

09 - High As Hello

10 - Fake Fur Coat

11 - Diamond Light Pt. 1

12 - Wait For Love

13 - Love Like a Wire (Diane Izzo cover)

14 - Low Key

Solo:

15 - I Am Trying to Break Your Heart

16 - She's a Jar

17 - Passenger Side

18 - Hummingbird

19 - New Madrid [uncle Tupelo]

20 - One Wing

21 - Muzzle Of Bees

22 - Spiders (Kidsmoke)

23 - I'm Always In Love

24 - I'm the Man Who Loves You

25 - Jesus, Etc.

26 - Misunderstood

Encore:

27 - Please Don't Let Me Be So Understood

28 - Only The Lord Knows (Mavis Staples cover)

29 - Give Back The Key To My Heart (Doug Sahm cover)

30 - California Stars

31 - Acuff-Rose [uncle Tupelo]

• 2 weeks later...

Hey ablair!  I second your sentiments about this show.  I also just saw Wilco for the first time last year at the Americanarama festival in Detroit last year and was blown away.  I went mainly for MMJ and was a casual Wilco fan at the time but they are just one of those bands that are considerably better live than on record.  Went to this show with the wife and we both walked away absolutely loving the performance.  Jeff was on his game both vocally and his humorous side really came through with his between song banter.  I was a little concerned that the 12 song acoustic section may possibly drag as it sometimes does with other performers but I was riveted the entire time.  That portion may have been my favorite of the entire show.  Can't wait to go catch Wilco in Chicago now!