Like all Wilco fans going to the upcoming Chicago shows, I am very excited to see what the band has in store for us. For my blog, I am running a Wilco related post every day this week in celebration of the upcoming shows. For today's I took at 20 years of Wilco shows in Chicago and put together a list of shows by year. In my research, I did my best to include every Wilco show including talk shows and the one private residence show I could find. If anyone has any changes, let me know.

A guide to 20 years of Wilco shows in the Chicago(land) area

The Soldier Field show was in the stadium after a Chicago Fire season opening soccer game. The stage was in the endzone and faced backwards into the endzone stands. In typical Jeff fashion, as the band was about to start he quipped, "I thought the stage would be facing the other way." It was a funny moment...

At that point, Wilco wasn't majorly on the radar and very few soccer fans stuck around to catch them -- their mistake. Despite the tiny crowd, Wilco rocked it. 

April 12, 1999 was Cubs opener at Yakzee's across from Wrigley

It was only Jeff Tweedy & Jay Bennett

Wilco also played at Harper College in Palatine, IL Feb 5, 1997

did they also play Flaedh Fest at Arlington Racecourse in 1998 ?

The Soldier Field show was in the stadium after a Chicago Fire season opening soccer game. The stage was in the endzone and faced backwards into the endzone stands. In typical Jeff fashion, as the band was about to start he quipped, "I thought the stage would be facing the other way." It was a funny moment...

At that point, Wilco wasn't majorly on the radar and very few soccer fans stuck around to catch them -- their mistake. Despite the tiny crowd, Wilco rocked it. 

Yep that was exactly it.  It was in the south endzone.  Only a few hundred in stands after the Fire game.