Los Angeles area fans

This sounds fun and it's FREE! :)

25-atmd.jpeg The Satellite presents
A Tribute to WILCO featuring performances by Misty Boyce, Anthony Polcino, Jerry Borge, The Gimme 5's, Charlie Wadhams Trevor Minear, Brett Farkas, Maxim Ludwig, The Far West, Nicole Eva Emery, Duniven, and more TBA!

02/17
DOORS: 8:30 PM / SHOW: 9:00 PM

FREE! 

Longtime local club-goers will know the Satellite by its old name, Spaceland. I'll probably always call the place Spaceland. A great little club.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm all filled to the brim with the Wilco love tonight, after this magnificent evening of Wilco's music as covered by local L.A. bands. Bravo to all the musicians who took part! I can honestly say that I was blown away by the talent and devotion shown by the various musicians. We got everything from a spunky "I'm the Man" (with a terrific female lead singer) to a moody, atmospheric "Radio Cure" to a stompingly joyous "Monday" to a roaring "Kamera", an hypnotic "Handshake Drugs", a blistering "Impossible Germany", a soaring "Pot Kettle Black", and on and on, even to a wonderfully troubadour-esque "Bob Dylan's Beard". The audience was full and attentive and appreciative, drawn into all the glorious songs Wilco has created, dancing, singing along, happy!

There's so much love out there for this band, and The Satellite radiated with it tonight. Such a great time! Now I need to see Wilco themselves, ASAP. :yes